Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Accord Racers

why a fox body? those are horriable for anything but drag racing.. but even that they suck
    95 accord 4 door:
    JDM F22b
    stock ported head
    ARP studs
    K&N cold air intake
    DHRacing 69mm TB
    DHRacing stock ported intake
    Mugen header
    custom test pipe
    Apexi WS2 catback
    Apexi safcII
    TIEN coilovers
    5 Zigen FN01R-C
    Kumho AST
    Forbidden short shifter
    Bride shift boot
    *NEW*92 EG hatch project*
    B16a 5spd LSD (for now)
    LS/Vtec turbo
    300-500whp with 3stg boost controller
    parts -- its a secret

Quote Originally Posted by 95_acc0rd
    why a fox body? those are horriable for anything but drag racing.. but even that they suck
    I agree cant stand them.....
    Turning up a system to a level that has audible distortion is more damaging to your ears than listening to an undistorted system at the same volume level. The threshold of pain is always an indicator that the sound level is too loud and may permanently damage your hearing. Please use common sense when choosing a muffler.

yeah dude racing an auto matic is not a good idea(and thats coming from a kid who used to beat the fuck out of his auto matic) i mean racing with stock suspension isnt the greatest idea but i mean im sure it could could up for a little while before damaging anything i mean ive had my stock suspension in for the longest time(still do) and i beat that car to a pulp and still 0 susp problems even tho i have broken and axle and fried a tranny
    "To some people, a car is a car. But to people like us, its so much more than just a car. Its a getaway. Its our hiding spot. Its our comfort. Its an extension of ourselves." - so very fucking true

Quote Originally Posted by muyo
    but good thing i'm involved in asian community around here
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    i have a 90 accord lx, and im thinkin about getting a blow off valve.....how much does a decent blow off valve cost about?

Quote Originally Posted by 95_acc0rd
    Apparently, you don't know much about Mustangs, let alone Fox Bodies. When it comes to Drag Racing, they dominate. They are one of the top packages the Mustang had to offer. Plus, with all the mods I intend to put on mine, it will be more than able to compete with anybody. I'm planning on setting it up for American Sedan class in SCCA Club Racing in the future. One thing about those American V8's is that it doesn't take much to get 400 HP out of it naturally aspirated. But enough about Mustangs; what do you guys recommend as a good setup for an streetable, autocrossing Accord? I 'm thinking Skunk2 and Mugen for suspension and engine work.

^ thats what I was gonna say, Fox body mustangs are very popular in drag racing world

yeah i do have to agree, mustangs do kill it when it comes to drag racing, well atleast the fox body most of the other ones suck(not including the cobras, etc just the mustang) they are good for drag racing granted tthey still do blow up alot but other then that theyre amazing at drag....but thats one reason i hate mustangs people think theyre teh shit cause they can drive fast in a straight line, but id like to see them go fairly quick around turns, when they go do that thats when they can talk shit ya know? cause any one(well mostly any one) can drive in a striaght line
    "To some people, a car is a car. But to people like us, its so much more than just a car. Its a getaway. Its our hiding spot. Its our comfort. Its an extension of ourselves." - so very fucking true

i have a 90 accord lx, and im thinkin about getting a blow off valve.....how much does a decent blow off valve cost about?

Actually; the Fox Box SVO dominated the Road tracks during its reign; the funny part was that the mustangs greatest weakness was changed. Weight distribution; they decided to ditch the 4.96 Liter in favor of an inline 4 with snail.
    How far are we gonna take this? The question is not how far. The question is do you pocess the constituition, the debt of faith to go as far as is needed.

And sheppards we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thine hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In order to find his equal and Irishman is forced to talk to God.

Everyday Mustangs you see around are still using the ancient suspension design that dates back like 30 years. Ford says this is to keep the cost down of the car but they really need to do something about their suspension to make the car handle any decent in stock form.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEx
    Everyday Mustangs you see around are still using the ancient suspension design that dates back like 30 years. Ford says this is to keep the cost down of the car but they really need to do something about their suspension to make the car handle any decent in stock form.
    That's true. In stock form, the 79-04 Mustangs are like lateral rocking chairs, and the live rear axle makes you spin tires around the corners. The new Mustangs, however, are remarkably nimble for their size and weight, and that's still with no Independent Rear Suspension. The new chassis is exceptional, just look at what they're doing in Grand Am Racing.

i would know how they were doing in the grand am series, but i dont get the fucking speed channel anymore for some reason, it pisses me off, it was the only tv i watched besides espn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information