Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: warped the rotors again

Default warped the rotors again

Anyone have an idea as to why my rotors warp like every couple months? i just put new ones on literally in october and there warped again. I can feel it in the pedal now. Its really a pain in the ass....But I also have yet to replace my drums, the new shit is still sittin in the garage...could it possibly be the drums causing it? I highly doubt it but Im lookin for anything now...
    Turning up a system to a level that has audible distortion is more damaging to your ears than listening to an undistorted system at the same volume level. The threshold of pain is always an indicator that the sound level is too loud and may permanently damage your hearing. Please use common sense when choosing a muffler.

are you braking them in right.if you over heat them and then get them wet or cold down to fast that will do it

you probably aren't breaking them in right. you probably aren't using them correctly. you probably are overusing them. you probably are over using them and using the incorrectly at speeds over 60. stock brakes are shyte and a little heat warps them quickly so if you overuse them and do a lot of fast stopping, hard braking and whatnot, espdecially on the freeway, or coming to full stops from higher speeds, they warp easily.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/5thgenlx

when u replace ur rotors u are replacing ur pads rite?? if you are.. how are the pads wearing... if its wearing uneveing.. make sure ur calibers sliding
    AEM SRI:Tru Power Pulleys:Fuel Rail + DC Header:Short Shifter:Front Upper:Rear Upper/Lower Strut Bars:Tie-Down + MSD SCI:Dist Cap:Blaster Coil:8.5MM Wires + Mugen Oil Cap:Ground Wire: Brake/Clutch Cover + Bomz Chassis Bar + ACT Clutch + AXXIS Ultimate Brake + H&R Sport Springs + KYB AGX Shocks + ST Sway Bars + Ingalls Camber Kit + ADR 17" + Falken ZE-512 + Energy Suspension HyperFlex + OBX Spacer + DIY Oil Catch Can:JDM Headlites:TailLites

Quote Originally Posted by 5thGenLX
    you probably aren't breaking them in right. you probably aren't using them correctly. you probably are overusing them. you probably are over using them and using the incorrectly at speeds over 60. stock brakes are shyte and a little heat warps them quickly so if you overuse them and do a lot of fast stopping, hard braking and whatnot, espdecially on the freeway, or coming to full stops from higher speeds, they warp easily.
    No I didnt use them aggressively at high speeds, no I honestly baby the pedal, I know my cord is automatic and isnt that fast and Ive sworn off racing since I have waaaayyy too much respect for the work I do and would never do anything to jeopardize that work and money....dont take it personal, its because of bad experiences Ive had...but I have to check to make sure both calipers are clamping correctly since that seems like it would be the most reasonable solution....but it sucks since Im in detroit till may so I wont be able to check it till then.
    Turning up a system to a level that has audible distortion is more damaging to your ears than listening to an undistorted system at the same volume level. The threshold of pain is always an indicator that the sound level is too loud and may permanently damage your hearing. Please use common sense when choosing a muffler.

what brand rotors are you buying? anything other than honda or brembo blanks like to warp fast on the accords, and this is from real life experience, we've had the same accord come into the shop about 3 times with warped rotors every time, napa brand, then we cut them a few times, and we got tired of fixing it so we got some honda ones, and car hasnt been back since
    Originally Posted by Big Boto
    "be pateint grass hopper and the planets and moons will align to group together a force greater than sex"
    street races: since 5spd swap
    win:corolla S,magnum (from a roll), 4th gen accord, 240 sx, rodeo, camery, neon, jetta, 1st gen eclipse, saturn, 6th gen accord, ram 1500, corolla,
    loss:magnum (from a stop) cobalt (due to speed limiter), ss cobalt

huh really? thats weird....I hope its that easy....Ill have to check it next time im home...I dont know if that is exactly the problem since I know what it feels like when the rotors are warped and it doesnt feel exactly like the last times, but when i roll down the windows and press the pedal slightly i can here the rubbing on part of the surface and then no sound for a split second so its losin surface at some point...idk ill have to see

are you using ceramic or semi-metallic pads? ceramic eats your rotor quickly versus semi-metallic. I had the same problems before and just replaced with drilled rotors, havent had any problems since then, and have better performance now.
    ĶĀŃĖŤŐŴŃ

Have you replaeced and or checked your wheel bearings? That can become the culprit as well, lost a set of AEM Big Brakes that way.
    How far are we gonna take this? The question is not how far. The question is do you pocess the constituition, the debt of faith to go as far as is needed.

And sheppards we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thine hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In order to find his equal and Irishman is forced to talk to God.

Yeah thats what Im afraid of. But I recently thought they had warped again but didnt feel anything in the pedal just heard a clicking noise. I also wanted to make sure it wasnt a frozen caliper since I will be droppin 150 bucks for a pair of slotted brembos soon. I had friend lift it up for me to find that my passenger side drive axle CV boot was completely f*cked. So I ordered up a new axle. I figured I mide as well change the whole damn thing instead of just the boot cuz my friend told me it may have damaged to axle itself due to loss of grease. and for 70 bucks, why the hell not? As for the clicking, it may be that, or the drivers side caliper has a little play in it and has a small nick on the top which suggests that the play in the caliper makes it graze the inside of the wheel the littlest bit causing that click.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information