Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Topic: Launching 101

yo nutzo.. update on that accord i was telling you about.. i totaly miss understood the guy on the year... i talked to him today an he sadi it is a 93 accord two door... so i got my hopes up for no reason... i was realy hopen it was a two door 5th gen.... but hey its an accord right...
    objects in mirror are losing....

i floored my auto accord, no reving or ebrake, in d3 and i peeled out. im so happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Carreragt2e
    aww come on now. Thats only cause your suspension is dying and needs to be replaced. just like grandma... wait.. nevermind that.
    VACCORDS

Quote Originally Posted by jdmaccordbo!916
    yo nutzo.. update on that accord i was telling you about.. i totaly miss understood the guy on the year... i talked to him today an he sadi it is a 93 accord two door... so i got my hopes up for no reason... i was realy hopen it was a two door 5th gen.... but hey its an accord right...
    its an accord and a 4th gen... it doesn't get any better than that offer him like 800-900. Put a H22 in there and you end up with a nice car for like 3500, plus some incidentals. 4th gens are way cooler than 5ths if they are done right, 5ths are too common.
    Speed Kills. Drive a Honda.
    --------------------------------------
    1993 ACCORD EX | COUPE | MT | F22A6

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstNutZo
    5ths are too common.
    ya that is starting to be way to true out this way.. when i first started working on mine, i only seen like maybe two or three others... an now i cant even go 1/2 mile without seeing about 6 or so fixed up... oh well
    objects in mirror are losing....

yep roll a 4th gen its cooler :)

Ya u should get the 4th gen they are cool as hell when all done up, i was the only one around here when i started workin on my 5th gen and now there is way to many

Quote Originally Posted by jdmaccordbo!916
    heheheheh. so i was driving my gurls car around today, an i was hella messing with her head telling her i was going to do a burn out at every light we stoped at... i would start to resite the instructions outloud an she was getting hella scared like i was realy going to...heheheh it was hella funny, cause she had just been reading this thread you wrote...

LOL u memorized it!?!? I'm touched ::crys::, oh and a good way to practice maintaining rpms right when u launch is to do it on the street. Rev to like 1400-1600 rpm, drop clutch and do ur damndest to hold whatever u dropped at until ur clutch catches...hella tricky and u shouldn't even chirp at that rpm so cops won't get worked up if they see u. I hadn't noticed the thread had gotten so long either.

oh and i'm wondering if i should add in the thing about automatics using the lower gear for more low-end torque when at a stop...what do u guys think? Cause i thought everybody knew it but i guess not.

i was playing with my auto in the gears and i noticed it was hard to peel out in 1 and 2 but d3 and d4 it was easy, so i just start out in 3rd
    aww come on now. Thats only cause your suspension is dying and needs to be replaced. just like grandma... wait.. nevermind that.
    VACCORDS

Quote Originally Posted by vasponger
    i was playing with my auto in the gears and i noticed it was hard to peel out in 1 and 2 but d3 and d4 it was easy, so i just start out in 3rd
    In my auto... if I rev it up in neutral and drop it down into 1 it screams like a bitch (burning rubber), just about no matter how low the rpm is.

If I put it down in 1, hold down the brake, and push the gas until about 1800-2000RPM and release the brake, it doesn't chirp or anything it accelerates really fast with no hesitation at all. Also, if you put it in 1 for sure there is less hesitation of going, since dpending on how far you push down the pedal in D3/D4, the auto transmission may just start you in 2 instead of 1, depends on whether you floor it or not.

i can only freely move my stick from 1 to neutral, or from neutral to d3
    VACCORDS

Thread Information