Topic: check engine light..help me pls..

Default check engine light..help me pls..

can u guyz help me pls...i don't get this..my check engine light is on...but the first thing that came up onto my mind was the O2 sensor...the one for my headers..but eversince my check engine light went on..im wasting more gas..my car felt a little slower..at the same time when my car is on or i mean when im driving my friends can smell gas around the front of my car...it's no heavy..that's what they said..but i smell gas near my head...the one where the powerstering is at..i smell unburn gas...can u guyz pls tell me what's worng..or whoever went thru this...thanx for the help...

hmm if you're running rich that means the ecu could be fried... Check you're spark plugs and see if their wet with gas. And if your running really rich you'll see black smoke out the exhaust. Or it could be your tps, it thinks your wot, so it dumps a load of fuel in, but your not wot.
    Shift_BOOST

what's a tps..??..but nah...im not spitting black smoke out of my exhaust..but thanks for the comment though..

tps throttle position sensor. real expensive unless u find one on ebay or the junkyard. i think it is pop riveted onto the tb but im not sure all i know is the dealer wont let u buy it without the throttle body

The throttle positioning sensor tells the ecu if you're at wide open throttle or part throttle, so it knows how much fuel to dump in(I know there is more to that, but it is a basic rundown.). Or you're vacuum box could be broken, and you can run constantly rich. I had both these problems at once, so it wasn't good. And the tps is riveted on.
    Shift_BOOST

thanx for the help...

Thread Information