PDA

View Full Version : My Accord died. Help!

starkore
03-23-2008, 08:04 AM
I have a 93 Accord SE with a H22 swap and LSD Automatic. Yesterday the car stalled out on me at a stoplight. It won't restart. It will crank, but not turn over. I've checked all the fluids, pulled the plug wires to see if they had oil on them, took off the intake and sprayed ether, all to no avail. I need ideas of what could be causing this, and ways to check them. i.e. how can I test the fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition/spark, etc. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Joshua

joemomma
03-23-2008, 08:38 AM
check the alternator cause that happened to me once...but did you notice anything wierd happening before your car just died? like was it struggling to stay runnin, and wierd noises, etc

starkore
03-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Is there an easy driveway method to test the alternator? I did smell a little oil before it happened, but it seemed to be running fine.

joemomma
03-23-2008, 12:04 PM
my way of knowing it was the alternator was cause i jumped my car and let the car sit for like 20 minutes each time which should have charged the battery up but id drive it for minute and the car would start dying out so i know it was the alternator...was it like that? like did the lights get dim, radio turn off car start to bog down etc?

starkore
03-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Sorry it took me awhile to get back. Long work hours. It won't take a jumpstart at all. I've ruled out fuel as an issue. A buddy that had a Prelude said check the ignition coil. He had the same problem, so I'll be doing that tonight.

joemomma
03-25-2008, 12:15 PM
then its most likely your battery, get a new batter and if it still wont start then replace the alternator

Ricanstylz00
03-25-2008, 10:51 PM
When you turn the key, do all the normal lights come on? When you turn the key to "On" you should hear the fuel pump pushing fuel through the lines for about 3-4sec. When you hear it, turn off the ignition, wait for about 5-10 seconds, then flip the ignition to "On" again. Do that a few times and then try to start it. If it starts after that, the problem might be the fuel pump. If thats not it, we'll try something else.

darrensrepair1
04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
yo brother, i feel yah......this is a comon problem withe the hondas. the problem is in the head. one of the valves is bent.
if u have fuel pressure, it has spark and good cranking power! there is nothing left.
if you take the head apart u will see