PDA

View Full Version : plz help this is werid

phelps
11-28-2005, 08:24 PM
hi i have a 92 accord automatic just yestrday i went ot start my car and it started to u pressed in the brake and pushed in the knobe to shift in to d4 but its is stuck in park. so i have to turn the car off and take the key and press it in the shift lock realse slot and bring the shifter to the nutral postison start my car then put it in to d4 d3 2 1 or revs. all lthe gears work but once i put it in par and realse the buttin the shifter locks again.. plz helps i have a few ideas on what it mybe but im not positve. :idunno:

mahBLACKaccord
11-28-2005, 11:32 PM
man that sucks...it must be so inconvinient...swap tha tranny bro...manual :thumbup:

97 2 door accord
11-29-2005, 02:13 AM
if its anything like the 5th gen shift release its most likely caused by either the button not contacting right or, the switch in the brake pedal that you can hear click when working properly isnt working properly, sorry i dont know how to say it exactly ...you should swap to a 5 spd i know i am in about a month or so

Broliman
02-28-2006, 01:22 PM
i have this problem with my 92 as well, you definitally have more patience than me i just muscle fuck the thing into gear. if you want it to go in without the key, just dont shift into d4 right away, wait a few seconds and you will be able to shift easy.