PDA

View Full Version : H22

fukn_fast_EX
05-10-2005, 08:41 AM
i tend to freak out at times when it comes to CB7..i see some cb7 with a carb..and some with a PGM-FI...why does it come like that..??..in some pictures that i see..it's a carb version,while some is the manifold version..can anybody tell my y there's such things like that..ohh yeah on more thing..is it also good to use an H22 tranny to a f22 motor..??..is it a bad idea..??..

Asiandude03
05-10-2005, 08:55 PM
WHAT! I don't know any f22 motors that came with carb? What are you talking about? do you have a picture cause I don't think you are talking about f22 motor. Also yes you can use a H22 tranny on a f22 motor. But why? I would understand if you are going to later on swap out for a H22 that is understandable. But just to swap it out. Yes you are going to get a better launch but when you get on the freeway or high speed driving you are going to loose a lot of top end. Because the H22 tranny has shorter gears than the Accord tranny. Plus if you also do this you will always be running your accord motor at higher revs. Which is going to cause your motors life to be shorten because Accord motors are not made to be high reving like the H22 motor.

acc90rd
05-12-2005, 01:30 PM
they are not made to be high revving, but he's only gonna be driving at like 4k then 3k. h22 tranny is fine with f22 engine. and you don't loose top end power, it's all the same. You have the same amount of horsepower at 4000 rpms on the h22 tranny as you did on the f22 tranny. Switching trannys doesn't make or lose power(unless you count drivetrain loss, but thats different), it's just different gearing.

fukn_fast_EX
05-14-2005, 05:31 PM
man...im really cofuse..there's two diffrent answers..for an f22a4 we get about 130hp at 4000 rpm rite?

acc90rd
05-15-2005, 07:28 PM
the rpms I gave are examples, The f22a4 has something like that. I was just explaining you don't lose top end power. And personally, I don't think your gonna wear your engine out.