PDA

View Full Version : Transmission problems

ronthehero
04-17-2005, 01:18 PM
im having transmission problems - 92 ex automatic - my tranny is jerking real hard and im wondering if there is anyway to fix this. thanks

AccordEx
04-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Try replacing the transmission fluid. You can do drain and fill that will drain about 3 quarts out and put in a new one in. Drain and fill doesnt replace all of your transmission fluid though, if you want to do that that do transmission flush.

I highly recommend only Honda Automatic Transmission fluid. It will make shifting smoother but if there is something wrong with your transmission it isnt going to help much and you are probably going to need new one.

Asiandude03
04-17-2005, 10:24 PM
I would have to agree with AccordEx. You really can't do much. Except for changing your tranny oil. Like he said I would do a whole flush of the tranny oil. instead of just drain it with the plug. If you don't know how to do a tranny flush I can give you the diretions on how to do it.

Cryptic_Nations
04-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Flush it, mine was just a little jerky but I noticed a big difference in shifting after flushing it. Anything worse than that like slipping, get a new tranny.

dave926
05-03-2005, 07:15 PM
asiandude...i too had a 91 ex auto coupe...mine was green with a tan interior...god do i miss that car

Asiandude03
05-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Dave926 So what happen to your accord? Did you hear my story what happend to my accord?