PDA

View Full Version : grinding gears..

fukn_fast_EX
03-23-2005, 08:55 PM
what does this mean,when i race n i slam it to 2nd gear and 3rd gear,it has a minor grind,but 4th and 5th don't have it,but when i drive normal it doesn't happen,or put it this way,even when i full throtle,n i don't quick shift,just regular shift it doesn't grind,only when i quick shift,i was thinking its my synrco's..or i don't know,do u guyz have any idea what could be the problem,is is my trans,clutch flywheel..any...

Asiandude03
03-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Are you sure that you are pushing the clutch all the way down when you shift? or do you release you clutch too early before your in gear? I know that has happend to me before when I raced that I release the clutch too early and I didn't shove it all the way in gear.

fukn_fast_EX
04-08-2005, 02:03 AM
i am slaming my clutch pedal to the floor...n i don't release my clutch to early...to me..the only time that happens is when i miss shift..basicly there's no problem with my driving skills...but it's just that grind...n i allwaies get it in gear..n plus i haven't been racing lately cause of that...

halfros honda
04-08-2005, 05:10 AM
does the clutch need to b adjusted

fukn_fast_EX
04-08-2005, 06:40 PM
nope...clutch is still in good condition...

Asiandude03
04-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Maybe your throw arm is off when you shift? Does it feel like your in gear all the way when you shift?

fukn_fast_EX
04-11-2005, 04:30 AM
yup...it feels like im all the way in gear...it just has that minor grind,but i know for a fact that im on gear cause my tires skretch loud and a bit long wen i get in gear...

Asiandude03
04-11-2005, 06:38 PM
The last thing I only can think of to help reduce the grinding of your gears is use a thicker tranny oil and maybe add in Lucas tranny additive.

fukn_fast_EX
04-11-2005, 08:50 PM
for realz...i'll give it a shot..but one more thing..how do u drain out the old tranny oil and put the new one in,i only know how to do that in automatic tranny...

Asiandude03
04-12-2005, 07:10 PM
90-93 Accord Manual Transmission Oil Change

Also you might want to add in Lucas Oil to your transmission to help quite it down. You can find it in Kragen auto parts, NAPA auto parts, and Pep Boys. Talk to one of the sales reps to get you the right bottle for your transmission.

"1. Use only SAE 10w-30, 10w-40, 20w-40, 30w oil rate SF or SG grade."
2. Make sure that you drive your car around for awhile so your oil can be
warm enough to drain all the oil out. As you know oil gets thinner when it
is heated up.
3. With transmission oil at operating temperture, turn OFF your engine, and
park your car where you will be drain your oil.
***Note: Make sure your car is on level ground while draining your transmission oil.
4. Get a oil drain pan and put it under the transmission.
5. Get a wrench and remove drain plug and drain transmission.
***Note: You should replace drain plug washer at every transmission oil change.
6. After oil is change put on the new drain plug washer and then tighten up the drain plug. at (29lb-ft)
7. Then fill the tranny back up with Oil it should use 2-3 qt. of oil check the dip stick after each quart is pour in. I am not to sure how much oil to put back in the transmission I haven't done it in awhile. So check the dip stick. But you should really fill your tranny up to the oil filter plug. Once oil starts coming out of that plug then you know your tranny is full.
8. Then take if for a spin around the block and check oil levels again.

DO NOT OVER FILL YOUR TRANSMISSION OIL!!!

Velocifero
07-11-2005, 01:51 AM
occasional grinding gears, while shifting correctly, can be a precursor to a failing transmission.