PDA

View Full Version : turbo...

fukn_fast_EX
01-23-2005, 09:18 AM
hey guyz..i need some options..what parts do i need for a turbo...all i know is that i need a turbo itself,turbo manifold,intercooler,waste gate,anything elese....do i need anything for fuel.. or spark..or anything..can some one help me out here im lost...ohh yeah...is a 94-00 accord tranny will fit into my 90 accord..??..ex tranny though..or an h22 tranny...is stupid to do any of those...sorrie...im new to this thing...im just use to the Bseries....thanx though...

Asiandude03
01-25-2005, 12:26 AM
K you have a F22A4 so you have a 90 Accord EX I suppose because of your engine model number. Alright with turbo you need turbo, intercooler, waste gate, also bigger fuel injectors, and yes I would suggest you to get new spark plugs. Also you might consider if you are doing all this to put in MSD system in your car to give it a hotter spark to go along with your turbo.

Now about the tranny if you are going to do quarter miles I would suggest to go with and H22 tranny on your F22 motor it should bolt up perfect. H22 tranny has shorter gears than the any of the F22 series trannys. So you should get better takeoff on the 1/4 mile. Putting in the H22 tranny has minor modifications. Yes the 94-00 accord trannys do fit. Any other question just hit me up.

acc90rd
01-28-2005, 06:36 PM
With a turbo set up you need: Turbo, Intercooler, Charge Piping, Exhaust Manifold, Bigger injectors, Down pipe, Fuel Management, Boost Gauge, Blow off Valve, and most likely a turbo timer.

As for trannies, the 90-97 accord tranny bolts up. Along with the 92-96 prelude si/vtec trannies. The h23 tranny is from the 92-96 Prelude Si, and the h22 tranny is from the 92-96 prelude vtec. Other possibilites would be a JDM F22B tranny or JDM F20B tranny. Differences, For boost the h series tranny will keep you in boost longer and might be better. The h series runs through the gears quick, passing through the peak powers quick, but can be bad for daily driving. The F series JDM transmissions are like the USDM F series trannys, but are a but shorter in 1st and 2nd gear, and practically indentical after that.

dave926
02-17-2005, 05:10 PM
his car does not have a f22a4 becuz they were built from 91+....he has a f22a1 i think....but deff not a f22a4