PDA

View Full Version : Engine fried

mookilla
12-08-2004, 01:06 PM
okay so when i went to go drive my car after it was sitting ther for a week i checked the radiotor it was emty i filled it up and then drove it the next day checking the radiotor before i drove it. after the engine ran a while i checked it it was fine so then i drove it let i heat up so then i checked it again it was 3/4 full so then i filled it up and saw air bubles comming from it. I think its my head gasket and my car is burning my colant. so im thinking of getting and h22 for my car with lsd but i dont know if its worth that much because my car right now has 202000 miles and transmision 3 gear sincros going bad also distributors leaking a little oil and one engine mount is begining to crack. should i swap or repair.

halfros honda
12-09-2004, 07:42 AM
i would compare the costs of fixing ur car up and the swap, then compare the price of gettin a new car whichever is cheaper. but remember if u repair the stuff on ur car it is a honda n will prolly run a hella long time. just depends on how much is wrong with it n how much u already maintained it

bshshondaman06
12-10-2004, 08:04 PM
aslo which engine you swap into it is depending on what ou want to do.. if u just want n/a power and a good daily driver get the h22 but if you want boost. get a dohc fseries engine.....im gonna put the f20b into my accord soon(2.0l 200hp) and boost it or you could go for the f22b(160hp.) teh f22 would be ready to boost but the f20b you have to lower the compression..its up to you the owner. what you wanna do

Asiandude03
12-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Like bshshondaman06 said it depends on what you want your accord to do? then go from there what engine you want to swap in. I would suggest and H22 swap you won't regret it. I would spend the extra money to get the motor swap done.