PDA

View Full Version : Will my 91 accord tranny fit up to 92-96 prelude engine (h23)dohc non vtec?

RidnLow
11-17-2004, 03:08 PM
I have a 91 accord with a blown motor.im getting a h23 engine out of a prelude the dohc non vtec engine. will everything work out with no problems?

Asiandude03
11-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Do you have a auto tranny or manual???Yes the auto or manual accord tranny can bolt up. But I wouldn't use the Accord auto tranny. I would suggest you to switch tranny to a prelude either a H22 or H23 auto tranny would be fine. If you have a manual Accord tranny yes it can bolt up. Just don't run this shit out of your car because your Accord tranny isn't made for that much power.

twin dragon
11-20-2004, 09:47 AM
I am in the same situation but I have been told by some semi reliable sources that the my auto F22 tranny will bolt right up to the H23 block. I would like to know if anyone has actual experience with this swap so that I dont rip out a perfectly good motor without the right tranny.

birdman
11-20-2004, 12:29 PM
I am in the same situation but I have been told by some semi reliable sources that the my auto F22 tranny will bolt right up to the H23 block. I would like to know if anyone has actual experience with this swap so that I dont rip out a perfectly good motor without the right tranny.

I don't have actual experience w/ this swap, but i've been told by one of my friends who used to have the accord w/ h22 w/ accord tranny, and they told not to keep the accord tranny w/ the h22 motor. It was really slow. He changed it to the h22 tranny and damn!!!. what a difference!!! The reason is the gearing. The accord's gearing is long and made more for top speed, whereas the prelude is more of a sport gear ratio making it more for acceleration, being also that weight will be more in front making it front heavy. Even tho' they're compatible, i would go w/ the h22 tranny since ur going w/ a different ecu.
what TCM are u gonna be using?

RidnLow
11-22-2004, 06:13 PM
well shit then im just gonna go with the the h22a swap with the h22 tranny it would be alot easier that way