PDA

View Full Version : Attention Acclude!!!

91SEeinblue
01-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Would you happen to know where the "Linear Solonoid" is located on our accords (automatic tranny only i think)? Thanks...mines broken and the dealership gave me a bullshit high quote on putting a new one on. When their only 20 or 30 bucks at AutoZone. Thanks again..

Jim

ACCLUDE
01-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Well, I've seen most linear solenoids sell for about $80-150. They're pretty heavy duty solenoids and are not cheap. $20 sounds too cheap to me for some reason. Anyways, I'm not sure which one you need to replace, but there are 4 solenoids used in the auto trans. 2 are lock-up control solenoids and are located next to eachother up front on the tranny housing kinda close to the distributor. There is a plug that has 2 wires in it (one for each solenoid) going to the solenoid assembly. The other 2 solenoids are the shift control solenoids and are also next to eachother on the front of the tranny housing but a little lower (kinda where the clutch release fork would be on a manual). They also have a plug that has 2 wires going to it, but the plug is slightly bigger than one going to the lock-up control solenoids (kinda looks like it could fit 3 wires). Both solenoid assemblies look kinda alike.....You might look right past them if you don't know what to look for, so look around where all the hoses and stuff are on the front of the tranny housing for two round things sticking out on each assembly. I hope that helps you locate them. I'd have to show you a picture otherwise and I don't own any auto Accords. They shouldn't be too hard to change but if you don't have the tools or think you'll mess it up, you're better off letting someone else do it. When you change the solenoid, you'll also want to change the tranny fluid. Also might as well change the trans filter and drain/fill plugs while you're at it. Let me know if you need instructions on how to test them to find which solenoid(s) are bad.

91SEeinblue
01-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Would these being broken or malfunctioning cause the car to shift really hard..almost as if it was a manual popping the clutch out? My friends car has been doing that lately, and mines been starting to do soemthing like that, i justdont want it go get too serious. Thanks.

ACCLUDE
01-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Yes, they could definitely cause the issues you're having, but generally they affect your idle the most. If it's the actual shifter inside the car that's stubborn, then look into the A/T gear position switch on the shifter or see if there is anything physically keeping it from wanting to change gears. That could possibly cause what you're dealing with. Also, does your D4 light stay on constantly? If so you need to retreive the tranny trouble codes and figure out what's causing the issue.

TOP END MS
01-13-2004, 12:26 AM
I was reading the Haynes manual a while back and it said something about the rear engine mount on the automatics having a solinoid or something that eventually might need replacing.

AllMotorH22
02-01-2006, 08:27 PM
I tested my shift control solenoid today and I didnt get any clicking I just got a buzzing sound from both Valve A, and Valve B. Also the resistance is way out of spec. I am assuming that its probbaly bad right? Let me know if you get to see this thanks.

97 2 door accord
02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I tested my shift control solenoid today and I didnt get any clicking I just got a buzzing sound from both Valve A, and Valve B. Also the resistance is way out of spec. I am assuming that its probbaly bad right? Let me know if you get to see this thanks.
whoa talk about blowing the dust off some threads, this is an old 1

92BLACKEX
04-07-2006, 11:22 PM
lol for sure, this is when the site started with my old buddies, and acclude knows a shit load, but he left cuz he couldnt take all the noobs i guess, he had a fucking awsome as set up until he crashed it..