PDA

View Full Version : 90-91 & 92-93 Differences

ACCLUDE
01-01-2004, 01:51 AM
You guys did an awesome job filling this thread up on the old AR. Shouldn't be hard to do it again.

ACCLUDE
01-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Ok people.....I'm giving you one more day and then I'm gonna start to fill this thread up myself! fuken slakerz :p

midnite racer x
01-01-2004, 10:23 PM
will reply after work tomorrow, bed for now

ACCLUDE
01-02-2004, 03:09 AM
slacker :rolleyes:

ACCORDICT
01-02-2004, 01:30 PM
You seem to have a lot of time you do it yourself, and quit depending on others............2:09 am<---------do you ever go to sleep???????

midnite racer x
01-02-2004, 04:20 PM
let accordict's post slide by this time pat, anyways differences and i'll start from the exterior. 90-91 accords have a grille type front bumper with slotted openings with the grille portion usualy being black, 92 and 93's seem to be of one color, there is no grille present rather a much more aerodynamic and shapely design. Even the bumper lights are rounded off to flow flush with the front bumper. The tail lights on 90-91 accords have a sharp angle pointing towards the license plate, 92 accords have that same angle but its not sharp, its a smooth curve to the license plate area. 93 accords pretty much have a flat tail light assembly thats flush with the license plate area, no curves no angles(much better in my opinion. Thats the only way i can tell the difference between the 4th gen years from the exterior, i haven't seen too much of the interiors so i'll skip that. The engines are variable throughout the years as follows:
engines:
f22a1 125 hp
f22a4 130 hp (better header and exhaust flow and ECU)
f22a6 - 140 hp ( dual runner intake manifold, more aggresive camshaft, better header, ecu and exhaust flow)

90-91 lx and dx - f22a1
90-91 ex - f22a4
92 lx and dx - f22a1
92 ex se and exr's - f22a4 or f22a6
93 lx and dx - f22a1 or f22a4
93 ex se and exr's - f22a6
some may have slight differences check ur engine code for confirmation.
all parts are swapable but the exhausts between lx/dx and ex/se/exr's have different flange positions.

Also if someone could explain to me why the 92 lx has an ignition box of some sort because my friend with a 92 lx uses 5 spark plug wires...i don't have any pix of the box but if someone knows what i'm talking about please help.

thats all i can come up with at the moment

ACCLUDE
01-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Also if someone could explain to me why the 92 lx has an ignition box of some sort because my friend with a 92 lx uses 5 spark plug wires...i don't have any pix of the box but if someone knows what i'm talking about please help.

thats all i can come up with at the momentWell, I retract my previous slacker statement. Nice job!

The difference you're talking about is the difference between the internal coil distributor and the external coil. The external coil uses the 5 plug wires. Think they switched over to the external coil in 92-93 as well.

As for Accordict, I just realized who it is. That's John. The guy that bought my H22. He's a slacker too. j/k What's up John? Check your emails. Paypal has my balls in a grinder right now but I just got in touch with my attorney and they should be able to clear it up. Hope you get that H22 installed soon. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Your wife should get a kick out of it.

OTHER DIFFERENCES

4 wheel disc ABS brakes became available for 92-93's while the 90-91's came with non-ABS disc up front and drum in the rear

As for the interior:
The center console area of the 92-93's has a little armrest area, pockets, spaces for switches and other goddies while the 90-91's just has the e-brake there and that's it.

Airbags became an option for 92-93's and because of that they use a different steering column, column cover, cruise control switch, and steering wheel. The 90-91's steering column actually sits about 1/2 inch lower than the 92-92's column.

The gage clusters are the same size and shape, but there is a difference with the way the harnesses plug into it. This plays a part in the steering column sitting lower in 90-91's. On 90-91's the center top plug plugs in directly on top of the cluster so it needs about 1/4"-1/2" more up top to accomodate the plug. On 92-93's it plugs in on the center top, but on the back side of the gage cluster so it actually sits slightly higher in the dash area. They are still interchangeable either way and it's not enough of a difference to be able to look at them and see it, but if you ever compare clusters you'll see what I'm talking about.

There's still more differences, but I'll let some of you other guys add to it.

midnite racer x
01-02-2004, 07:35 PM
whats the benefit of external coils. I am unskilled in the areas of gearing and in depth ignition upgrades. Should i make a thread about it and have u guys school me on those two subjects, i know a bit but not alot ya know

ACCORDICT
01-02-2004, 09:24 PM
THe bumper lights are soild orange on 92 93 as the 90 91 are clear and have orange inserts...Slacker my ass....I know my accords too

ACCORDICT
01-02-2004, 09:29 PM
One more thing Colors were not aviailble on all years, the graphite grey ( not sure if right name) which I like is not avial. w/ disk brakes all the way around (92 93) duh as if you didnt know...

4thgenaccord
01-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Dang, Ya'll getting all tech on me in here with engine codes and stuff. :D

I was going to say the tail lights are different. HA HA HA

Accorduke
01-28-2004, 10:09 PM
not all 93 accords have disk breaks i have a 93 ex and it has front disk and rear drums

jeff_watt
01-30-2004, 12:57 PM
My '91 EX-R included a DENSO gauge cluster. Is this stock?