PDA

View Full Version : My project (continued)

TheFirstNutZo
12-01-2003, 08:28 PM
My project:

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan | MT | 115k Miles

My headers and catback exhaust (fireball style) is here, I'm hopefully going to install it on wednesday. I installed my amplifier kit recently and took LOTS of pictures so I'm going to write up a how-to guide for running 4ga from the front battery back to the rear-passenger side of the car, without having to cross over to the drivers side (no drilling necessary, found a nice hole by the ECU). I'm so excited I don't think I'm going to be able to sit still through classes tomorrow :)

vasponger
12-02-2003, 08:04 PM
cool cant wait

TheFirstNutZo
12-02-2003, 08:45 PM
yeah I just want tonight to be over so I can get my parts put on in the morning! Going nuts here need to lay off the caffeine ****BUZZZZZ**** :)

lowaccord92
12-03-2003, 06:30 PM
yea def.. cause im gunna be doin an amp in about a week or too it would be nice to kno exactly how to do it on an accord
... nutzo thanks for that site i found a turbo for my car i was very surprised hopefully ill be able to order that in the next month or soo

TheFirstNutZo
12-03-2003, 07:05 PM
in that case I'll get going on it ASAP!

TheFirstNutZo
12-03-2003, 10:40 PM
http://thefirstnutzo.tripod.com/car/whitecar.htm there's my new car :) sorry it took so long to get the pics up, but I been busy.

TheFirstNutZo
12-03-2003, 10:42 PM
oh and here's the how-to on the wiring: http://thefirstnutzo.tripod.com/car/amp
oughta explain it pretty good if not completely... if not I've installed amp kits in two 93 accord EX's now so I'm starting to get pretty good at it :)

jaccord96
12-04-2003, 01:09 PM
nice little article there man.....

TheFirstNutZo
12-04-2003, 04:49 PM
thanks, hopefully it'll be useful for somebody.. I know when I installed my amp kit in my first accord I drilled through the heat shield on the drivers side, but this way is a lot easier :)

jdmaccordbo!916
12-06-2003, 04:08 AM
wow, good write up bro.. ill be looking at it when i get going on my stereo stuff again... that will save some time hehehehe...

TheFirstNutZo
12-06-2003, 11:27 AM
thanks :) I'm going to do more stuff as I do more to my car.. it isn't that hard to snap digital pics as I go along and then just write what I did.. and hopefully it'll be hella useful for those that either aren't willing to experiment, or are afraid they're going to screw something up; I've been there :)

jdmaccordbo!916
12-07-2003, 03:37 AM
ya i fianly got a digital camera now, so ill be taking alot of pics of accords an mine an so on... but when i start my real project, ill be taking pics of that for shure...

TheFirstNutZo
12-07-2003, 10:57 AM
What is your real project?

btw I got my exhaust mounted on, I need to tighten up a few bolts (small leaks from the seals not beong quite tight enough yet).. it sounds good I really like the sound the muffler makes... and it is pretty quiet too.

jdmaccordbo!916
12-08-2003, 03:39 AM
congrates on getting your echaust mounted... one day ill go an spend money on something like that...hehehe
an my real project is getting that accord that i was telling you about earlyer, an im goin to be doing alot of custom body work to it..(an if i can ever find out were to buy CF) then ill be doing alot of custom stuff... full on mods an conversions.. i got my front end conversion sitting in my garage right now.. i just need the car to do it with now......(2001 ITR lights grill fenders) incase you were wondering...

TheFirstNutZo
12-08-2003, 11:34 AM
congrates on getting your echaust mounted... one day ill go an spend money on something like that...hehehe
an my real project is getting that accord that i was telling you about earlyer, an im goin to be doing alot of custom body work to it..(an if i can ever find out were to buy CF) then ill be doing alot of custom stuff... full on mods an conversions.. i got my front end conversion sitting in my garage right now.. i just need the car to do it with now......(2001 ITR lights grill fenders) incase you were wondering...
I got the exhaust for $285 shipped. I am quite pleased :)

TheFirstNutZo
12-08-2003, 07:41 PM
The guy FINALLY called back about the lien, he said he took care of it friday so I should get the document tomorrow and so I can get her on the road maybe by the end of the week. I also figured out my battery is no good, so I picked up a new one (800 CCA @ 0 deg F, 935 @ 32 deg F) for $74. Advanced Auto Parts had a 530@0/620@32 for the same price tag, I figured go with the one at the battery store (Batteries Plus). Its also get a 7yr warranty :)

jdmaccordbo!916
12-09-2003, 01:29 AM
see persistance fianly paid off.. glad shit is done now.. get that car rollin now... an good find with that 7 year warranty.. i only got a 2 year with my honda battery... chepos...

TheFirstNutZo
12-09-2003, 10:15 AM
yeah, only things I need to do now before I can put it on the road for regular use are:

1) Re-attach O2 sensor (need help with the wiring order)
2) Install battery (like 2 minutes I just haven't done it yet)
3) unbolt the last section of the exhaust and slip another gasket in there cuz there is a minor leak cuz the gasket isn't quite big enough.

Other than that, my rear right tire (and all the others) have good tread, but that one specifically has wire showing off to the side, I cut myself on it (jammed it into my hand) when I was working on the exhaust, so I suppose that tire will blow soon so I should prolly replace it soon.. I have a place in town that does a tire (takes old one and disposes of it, puts the new one on the rim, and gives the tire) for $59, I wanna see if I can get it done cheaper than that, but I suppose thats a fair price.

Yeah I really like Batteries Plus, pretty sweet store I'm happy with them, my old accord (brothers' now) has a 735@0, 800@32 battery from them I guess its about 3mo old now but it handled my 900rms (2ohm) system pretty good while I had it in there.

ACCLUDE
01-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Posted by TheFirstNutZo - 12-09-2003 at 12:15 PM
yeah, only things I need to do now before I can put it on the road for regular use are:

1) Re-attach O2 sensor (need help with the wiring order)

check your email and click here: HERE (http://www.topendmotorsports.com/members/showthread.php?t=80)

Posted by jdmaccordbo!916 - 12-08-2003 at 05:39 AM
..(an if i can ever find out were to buy CF)

If you plan to go all out like I think you do...then your best bet is to buy it in rolls. These places offer good quality stuff at very reasonable prices. If you want to find a place locally in your area that will be able to suply bulk fiber for a good price, go hit up any marine yards or boat repair shops. They'll have some guaranteed. Hope it helps.

http://www.fibreglast.com/showproducts-category-Carbon+Fiber+%28Graphite%29+Fabrics+%26+Tapes-15.html#19

http://www.carb.com/

http://www.shopmaninc.com/carbonpage.html

:)

midnite racer x
01-02-2004, 05:22 PM
know where i can find polyurethane motor mount inserts or if i should make my own. I already have the rear mount installed but the other ones are working my nerves. And what kind of brand exhaust did u get TheFirstNutzo? N-1 Fireball?

ACCLUDE
01-02-2004, 06:47 PM
know where i can find polyurethane motor mount inserts or if i should make my own.
http://www.performancepartz.com/product_info.php?cPath=217_223&products_id=1827

or you can make it yourself, it just takes a tube of polyeurethane and about 2 days to cure.

midnite racer x
01-02-2004, 07:28 PM
I've run across that website b4 but its only got 1 torque mount position and its the same one i have unfortunately. Ok, apparently my gf's dad has it right next door, i'll do the mounts at the same time i swap the turbo in then. Talked to a guy that once had an accord that i raced and he'll let me use his shop to put the turbo in and do my maintenance work.

TheFirstNutZo
01-23-2004, 10:22 AM
no its "Tsudo" and has a picture of a dragon on it. I don't know if its a real brand or some kind of eBay brand... I just bought it on there and don't really care :)