PDA

View Full Version : Got into a car accident

Asiandude03
04-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Well yesterday I hit someone pretty hard. My front bumper is all fucked up and bent. My grill is all fucked up and bent. I don't know about my hood but it looks bent up. Do you think I should bring it all back to stock? I can get the stock front bumper from one of my friends because he got a body kit for his car and still has the front bumper in his garage. I don't know what I am going to do about the grill. I don't want an after market one because they look like shit. I just hope I can straighten that out. Also does anyone know how much a Black Widow I body kit cost I want the kit rdy to drop??? I know some body kits come with out whole to bolt on your car and you have to get it your self and drill the holes. Also do you know how much a carbon fiber hood cost?

halfros honda
04-01-2004, 01:23 PM
that sux man! well if u got the money for a kit get it then if not i'd go stock until the cash flow's right. well not to b jockin ebay ck on there i don't know about the quality of their kits but they got widow n cf hoods

Asiandude03
04-02-2004, 01:17 AM
I really don't trust ebay. Like I said I don't like buying cheap parts all you are going to get is cheap performance. Also I don't want the kit start cracking on me. I had a friend who got a kit and about 2 months later the kit started to crack in the front. But thank you for answering my question. Umm Quick question what did you do with your black moldings? I am thinking about painting them the same color as my car. What do you think? Also I need a front grill replaced. I bent it to peices. Do you know what I can get a grill. I like the stock one. All the After market ones look like shit. But the front grill at Honda is hella expensive. They wanted $250. I told them that they can keep the damn grill.

cpmike
04-02-2004, 08:33 AM
I really don't trust ebay. Like I said I don't like buying cheap parts all you are going to get is cheap performance. Also I don't want the kit start cracking on me. I had a friend who got a kit and about 2 months later the kit started to crack in the front. But thank you for answering my question. Umm Quick question what did you do with your black moldings? I am thinking about painting them the same color as my car. What do you think? Also I need a front grill replaced. I bent it to peices. Do you know what I can get a grill. I like the stock one. All the After market ones look like shit. But the front grill at Honda is hella expensive. They wanted $250. I told them that they can keep the damn grill.
that sucks about your car man, at least its fixable!

when it comes to parts that rely on quality, i agree, stay away from ebay. most of the kits they sell are the semi-defects, their hoods have bad weaves and defective latches. i believe OEM style CF hoods from VIS are like $320 shipped?
and about the grille, you BENT it, or BROKE it to pieces? ive never seen an aftermarket grille for our cars besides the weirdo metal one... oh and a few rare JDM ones... which "aftermarket grilles" are you referring to? IMO you should just go grilleless for a while, i havent had mine on in months. or if you really want, ebay or a junkyard should have OEM ones for like $30.

black mouldings? definately paint!

halfros honda
04-02-2004, 10:30 AM
yeh that's y i haven't bought a body kit off of their either fiberglass i don't know i seen a lotta peeps with cracked kits, i'm probably goin with xenon b/c they seem to hold up better. like u mean the black molding on the sides i left em black 4 now but when i get a kit i may get them painted over. as for the grill if u have a pull it urself yard near u go there n get a grill, if u don't let me know i can ck out the one near me i know they have 4th gen accords there, i got sum shit 4 my car already, n i'll buy the grill 4 u n ship it 2 u if u pay me 4 it i think it maybe like $10 possibly less depends on who's workin there the day i go

Asiandude03
04-03-2004, 02:33 AM
Hey thanks for looking out. Do you know what is the best material a body kit is made out of?

cpmike
04-05-2004, 10:39 PM
people usually say urethane (sp?) because its bendy and wont crack, but you need to go thru a special process to get paint to stick to it.

Asiandude03
04-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the tips. Do you know how much a body kits run? Also I was thinking about getting some Tenzo Shu 4. But what size? 18 or 17? If I run with 17 I am going to run with 215/45/R17. and the 18 I am going to run with 225/45/R18. What do you think? Do you think the 18's are too big? Will I rub when I turn thats all I am worried about is when I turn.

halfros honda
04-06-2004, 07:52 AM
i've seen xenon body kits go for $550-$700+ depends on where u look and the shipping price. the good thing about xenon is there kits won't crack they're pretty much made of the same stuff as the oem bumpers. definitely do not go wit the 18s it may rub but ur probably gonna have a rough ride. 17s i heard u can still have a good deal of problems wit possibly blowouts if u hit potholes, etc, u sure u don't have to get a 40 series tire for teh 17s? i'm gonna go wit sum 16s i don't giva shit what peeps say about havin smaller rims i'm only gonna go up one size b/c i don't want a major decrease in the way the car rides n drives so the tire size i'm gonna go with is 205/50 R16, right now i have stock honda rims with 205/60 R15, it looks ok but still rides nice, damn i hate the oem rims though

Asiandude03
04-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Yea tell me about it. I hate my OEM rims also. I wish I had the 94-97 EX-SE rims on my car. Those look nice. I was going to rob my friends OEM rims off his 97 but he wants to keep it just in case something happends to his 18's.

93-LX-C
04-07-2004, 09:30 AM
if you go with the 17's you can get it 215/40/r17 but not 215/45/r17 because it will make the tire radius too big and throw off your speedometer a little bit which makes your reading a little slower when you're actually travelling faster. On the other hand if you go with 205/40/r17 then your reading will be alittle faster when your actually travelling alittle slower.

Asiandude03
04-07-2004, 10:29 AM
I am not too worried about my speedometer because I am going to take it to the dealership to get my speedometer to match my tire size. But what tire do you think looks best. Most likely I am going to go with the 215/45/R17.