Topic: want to upgrade engine. Help?

Default want to upgrade engine. Help?

hey i was wondering what people thought about putting a H23A engine into my 97 accord?

I think you would be happier with an H22. Why settle for SOHC when you could have DOHC.
    How far are we gonna take this? The question is not how far. The question is do you pocess the constituition, the debt of faith to go as far as is needed.

And sheppards we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thine hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In order to find his equal and Irishman is forced to talk to God.

jb you must have read "f23a" lol.
    h23a is a DOHC motor...but it does not have VTEC...
    friends dont let friends drive stock

"ITS ALL ABOUT THE TUNE, write that down, words to live by." -Broliman

joe:"i have a 90 accord lx, and im thinkin about getting a blow off valve.....how much does a decent blow off valve cost about?"
    muyo:"are you even boostin'...?"
    hybrid:"ban him?!?!?!?!"

Default h23a engine

im looking at the h23a on the jdm engine depot site and it says it is a VTEC. am i looking at the wrong engine or something?

put a link down so we can see what you are seeing...

joe:"i have a 90 accord lx, and im thinkin about getting a blow off valve.....how much does a decent blow off valve cost about?"

Looks like we're both wrong "Mah", there is indeed a JDM DOHC H23 VTEC. It only came in the JDM SiR wagon's. It has the same 200 ponies as an H22 but less torque and a lower max rpm, 6800. Also, they only came in Auto's and the wiring harness is differnt from all others.
    So, yes this motor actually is real. Yes, you can swap one into your accord; however its not as straight forward a swap as other engines would be. A regular 5spd manual Accord tranny will bolt up to this motor without any problems, except at the ECU. You might look and see if any other ECU's could run it on Hondata, shouldn't be a problem there just more money involved to essestially have the same thing as a H22 without all the extra problems to worry about. So the real question now becomes, are you doing this for performance or to simply be differnt? If differnt thats cool, its just going to cost a little more in the long run; usually does.
    How far are we gonna take this? The question is not how far. The question is do you pocess the constituition, the debt of faith to go as far as is needed.

And sheppards we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thine hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In order to find his equal and Irishman is forced to talk to God.

"Mah"...lol

ok. thanks.but said it was a 8000 rpm red line and a 220 hp engine

Thread Information