Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: what's goin' on Honda lovers...just got my ride

Default what's goin' on Honda lovers...just got my ride

i just got my 1990 Honda Accord Coupe LX F22A..engine is still stock,unfortunately my ride is automatic...any suggestions for engine modifications greatly appreciated this is my first project car i want to concentrate on engine first before i work on the exterior or interior..looking for any and all knowledge for my engine...whether it be engine swap or upgrading my og engine i would like to be all motor...instead of turbo or supercharger ,BUT if it can't be avoided so be it....

yeah you have the same exact car i do, my advice is 1. what ever you do DO NOT shift from 1 and go threw the gears and 2. dont abuse the car cause its a great car......how many miles are on your car? that should help us out a little bit
    "To some people, a car is a car. But to people like us, its so much more than just a car. Its a getaway. Its our hiding spot. Its our comfort. Its an extension of ourselves." - so very fucking true

Quote Originally Posted by muyo
    but good thing i'm involved in asian community around here
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    i have a 90 accord lx, and im thinkin about getting a blow off valve.....how much does a decent blow off valve cost about?

right now my ride has 186,987miles and still kicking ...i am currently saving up cash to get a new timing belt and waterpump to prolong the life of my ride it seems that the previous owner showed no love to the car,but that's gonna change now...the paint job was already on the car before i purchased it so i am not taking credit for that

im 200+ still kickin and kickin ass 8-]

damn you guys are lucky fucks, my car only made it to 126k :( but yeah dude how much do you love your cb7? its like the greatest car ever haha
    "To some people, a car is a car. But to people like us, its so much more than just a car. Its a getaway. Its our hiding spot. Its our comfort. Its an extension of ourselves." - so very fucking true

i have a 90 accord lx, and im thinkin about getting a blow off valve.....how much does a decent blow off valve cost about?

any suggestions on engine mods for an automatic F22A...looking to get that timing belt done and the water pump planning on taking a road trip from Cali to Florida to do some more mods to my engine and visit my bro who is also a Honda lover like us if i am lucky maybe i can get some parts he's not using

well with that many miles i would suggest not doing mods cause thats a hell of alot of miles, you could do an engine swap though, just swap in a nice h22 in there and youll be good to go

thats like over 3000 mile trip i really dont think you should take a high mile car on a road trip even if ur car is running fine right now its just alot of driving. i wanted to take my accord on a road trip too but not going to risk it

thanks for the adivse guys so i guess engine swap would be the best route to go huh..an H22 that's a Prelude engine right? instead of me doing mods to my F22a...man i can't wait to do a swap .so my next question is since i was saving for the timing belt and water pump..i got about $130 for that plus i got an estimate from a mechanic of $300.00 for labor does that sound about right?..i might as well save up alittle for a H22 and not do the timing belt and water pump

yeah well it depends on how soon you could get up around $2000 for the h22 engine, tranny, ecu and the stuff needed plus the labor and what not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information