Topic: Drag 4th gen turbo kit for h22

Default Drag 4th gen turbo kit for h22

A guy on ebay is willing to sell me a new drag turbo kit. it is for 97-01 prelude. its the whole kit, plus some upgrades. it sells for 2700 dollars. he says he'll give me the brand new kit for 1500 dollars. will the 97-01 kit work on my 95 jdm h22a? or will some parts not quite work? and will it be a big deal to make the small changes if neccessary? i would love to turbo my h22 and a kit seems easier. i would just run 5-6 boost on stock block. i already have a p72 gsr ecu so i shouldn't have a problem tuning. but before i buy this kit i just need to know if it will work in my accord.

thanks for any knowledge
    H22a is the best thing to ever happen to Accords... to my Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by 95accordwithpotential
    A guy on ebay is willing to sell me a new drag turbo kit. it is for 97-01 prelude. its the whole kit, plus some upgrades. it sells for 2700 dollars. he says he'll give me the brand new kit for 1500 dollars. will the 97-01 kit work on my 95 jdm h22a? or will some parts not quite work? and will it be a big deal to make the small changes if neccessary? i would love to turbo my h22 and a kit seems easier. i would just run 5-6 boost on stock block. i already have a p72 gsr ecu so i shouldn't have a problem tuning. but before i buy this kit i just need to know if it will work in my accord.

thanks for any knowledge
    I tried finding some pictures of the exhaust ports, but I'm pretty sure the 97 h22 ports line up with the 92-96 ports, so the manifold should fit. Electronical parts may not be compatible seeing how 97+ was obd2. You need more then a stock p72 to tune, but I think you know that. Minor issues you might have would be downpipe fitment and intercooler pipe fitment
    Shift_BOOST

the obd2 part i am still researching, and the piping may or may not fit. i was assured that the kit would work tho without purchasing any more parts. i am waiting till tax return comes in to get it. to get the piping to fit may require some cutting/fabrication. the only electrical parts are what, the turbo itself? the fmu? it seems like obd2 shouldn't matter because even the 96 lude was obd2 and the one kit fits 92-96. i think the piping is my only concern cuz the body style changed on the lude. i'm sure the manifold will work. drag actually emailed me and said it should work, but it seemed like they didn't really know either. i think the only thing i would have to customize is the piping... wish me luck

oh and hondata will be used to tune the p72
    H22a is the best thing to ever happen to Accords... to my Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by 95accordwithpotential
    the obd2 part i am still researching, and the piping may or may not fit. i was assured that the kit would work tho without purchasing any more parts. i am waiting till tax return comes in to get it. to get the piping to fit may require some cutting/fabrication. the only electrical parts are what, the turbo itself? the fmu? it seems like obd2 shouldn't matter because even the 96 lude was obd2 and the one kit fits 92-96. i think the piping is my only concern cuz the body style changed on the lude. i'm sure the manifold will work. drag actually emailed me and said it should work, but it seemed like they didn't really know either. i think the only thing i would have to customize is the piping... wish me luck

oh and hondata will be used to tune the p72
    Sounds like you got it all planned out, props for that
    Shift_BOOST

Thread Information