Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Want To Learn

Default Want To Learn

i will be coming to the states early next year.. on holiday.. not sure if work will give me a months leave or two weeks... but i just thought of it .. and i would like/love to get to learn cars a bit more...

so... does anyone know or recomend a school/training institute that i can check up on? i dont know if my period of stay i can learn much but would be worth it i am sure....
    accord '96
    simota ram intake=>gheto cai
    redline 8mm silicon plugwires

I want to take a trip to this place in the spring or summer. http://www.midohio.com/school/

I suggest that you look into the requirements, you may need an international driver's licsense or something like that. It would suck if you got over here ready to drive and there was some stupid requirement that you didnt know about to ruin your fun.
    Above all its a Honda

Default looks nice.. but

was thinking more on the engine side... learning some new driving tricks wouldnt be bad tho... thanx for the link
    accord '96

U.T.I. would be the best school. Honda endorse's the school so you'd be working on a Honda more than likely. They have several differnt course's available. Diesel, Sport Compact, Bikes, or dare I say this without feeling the wrath of Muyo; Nascar. I looked into the Sport Compact course which is based out of Houston TX and Phoenix AZ I believe. The course does take 18months to graduate though so I'm not sure the time frame would work for you.
    How far are we gonna take this? The question is not how far. The question is do you pocess the constituition, the debt of faith to go as far as is needed.

And sheppards we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thine hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In order to find his equal and Irishman is forced to talk to God.

I heard Wyotech is a really good place. They supposed to teach you everything, even custom fabrication and performance tuning as well. I heard some good things about UTI as well, as previously mentioned.

yea Wyotech is really good, so is U.T.I.
    Summer Car:
    2002 Honda CG6 Accord EX :: 4 speed :: F23a4 ::

Winter Car:
    1989 Audi 100 Quattro :: 5 speed :: 5 cylinder 2.3 :: Engine is toast
    (in search of 200 turbo)

Default thanx again

well i checked out the two places u guys mentioned... very nice/heaven looking kind places...:) but i dont have that length of time... maximum time i might get is 1 month... and that is maximum... and seriously doubt i will be given that much time... i had to work two years straight without leave cos there was no one to replace me at work... but next year.. if they have to shut the company down i dont care...

so the search continues .... thanx for the help guys ...
    accord '96

what exactly are you looking for? cuz most technications require more than 6 months training.. i do know that there are some courses out there for 1 month n stuff like that, but i couldnt tell you off the top of my head
    Summer Car:
    2002 Honda CG6 Accord EX :: 4 speed :: F23a4 ::

Winter Car:
    1989 Audi 100 Quattro :: 5 speed :: 5 cylinder 2.3 :: Engine is toast
    (in search of 200 turbo)

Default what to learn..

hmm now that is a hard one.. cos i wouldnt mind learning everything but then that is impossible... if u were in my position with probably one month free to learn what ever u could about cars.... what would u go for?

i think tunning... yeh... tunning... should be nice... might be able to have it as a part time job.. tunning cars :)
    accord '96

What City are you going to be visiting?
    I ask this because I see some of the local community colleges around where I live offer weekend courses on many topics. I suggest doing an internet search about the city that you will be visiting.
    Above all its a Honda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information