Topic: How to work out a car's fuel consumption reasonably accurately..

Default How to work out a car's fuel consumption reasonably accurately..

Fill to the brim and write the mileage on the receipt. Then do at least 250 - 300 miles, fill up again to the brim and note the mileage on the receipt. Subtract mileage 1 from mileage 2. Then multiply the litres of fuel on the 2nd receipt by 0.22 and divide the answer into your mileage. Continue brim-fill after brim-fill. Though this depends on odometer accuracy, it will give you a better idea than the car's fuel computer which is a notoriously inaccurate accessory on any car. You can check you speedometer and odometer accuracy by using a good multi-satellite GPS device.

found this hidden in some site... enjoy.. hope it helps
    accord '96
    simota ram intake=>gheto cai
    redline 8mm silicon plugwires

You can also try,,
    Fill up the gas tank, reset the tripometer and drive for A few days and refill the tank. Now divide the miles you have gone into the gallons of gas you just put in. This will equal your MPG. ( 12 gallons of gas / 400 miles = 33.3 M.P.G. )
    Either way I guess will work.
    When I die, I want to die like my grandfather,, asleep and peaceful,,,,,,,,,, not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car.

I think Zapmans theroy is much easier plus must people dont have gps also

Quote Originally Posted by Zapman
    You can also try,,
    Fill up the gas tank, reset the tripometer and drive for A few days and refill the tank. Now divide the miles you have gone into the gallons of gas you just put in. This will equal your MPG. ( 12 gallons of gas / 400 miles = 33.3 M.P.G. )
    Either way I guess will work.
    thats what i do. plus 20 more words so i can submit lol
    AEM SRI:Tru Power Pulleys:Fuel Rail + DC Header:Short Shifter:Front Upper:Rear Upper/Lower Strut Bars:Tie-Down + MSD SCI:Dist Cap:Blaster Coil:8.5MM Wires + Mugen Oil Cap:Ground Wire: Brake/Clutch Cover + Bomz Chassis Bar + ACT Clutch + AXXIS Ultimate Brake + H&R Sport Springs + KYB AGX Shocks + ST Sway Bars + Ingalls Camber Kit + ADR 17" + Falken ZE-512 + Energy Suspension HyperFlex + OBX Spacer + DIY Oil Catch Can:JDM Headlites:TailLites

Default lol

after i posted that.. wanted to edit the gps part... then was like what the hell... leave it as it is :)
    accord '96
    simota ram intake=>gheto cai
    redline 8mm silicon plugwires

Quote Originally Posted by saintvice
    after i posted that.. wanted to edit the gps part... then was like what the hell... leave it as it is :)
    I will say, you did good on the research.
    When I die, I want to die like my grandfather,, asleep and peaceful,,,,,,,,,, not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car.

Thread Information