Topic: Swapping auto to man. ??any sugg??

Default Swapping auto to man. ??any sugg??

Sup peeps, I was thinkin about swappin my 92 lx 2dr cp, to a man. but thinkin it might be 2 much of a bitch to do so.....also I might be talking my wife into an h22A swap, and do they vary on the included trannies as far as auto and man.?I originally thought of goin auto cuz I want to turbo the h22a, but I think our auto trannies are pretty week...might not be the best idea....well....Any feed back will definetly be helpfull.......holla back...thnx

Default H22 swap into auto accord

I price out a engine swap it cost any where around $2,500-$4,000 if you don't already have the engine, ECU, and tranny. Labor is going to cost $1,500. Are you planning on going legal? If you do it is going to cost more. If you are also thinking of swaping your auto out. Figure it is going to cost anywhere around $500-$1,500. You need a new tach, new shifter column, clutch cylinder, and other parts. Most of the parts you need for a auto to a manual swap you can go to a junk yard and find it off a wrecked accord.

i have a '93 accord and was thinkin of makin' mine manual as well. i'm a mechanic so to me it won't be that difficult, but the things you are going need (whether you go with h22 or stay with the f22) to make you car manual is: brake pedal, clutch pedal and the assembly for clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder and push rod (connects to clutch pedal), slave cylinder (if it doesn't come with the tranny), the resevoir, and all the lines. also you'll have to check into whether the cv axles need to be changed (just call local auto parts store and see if the cv axle part numbers are the same, or ask if it would be the same for both tranny's). don't forget about the ecu (for the auto tranny), cause it won't let redline as far and the topspeed governor on the auto is 112mph and on the man. is 125mph

oh yeah, to what Asiandude03 said about the tach, you may as well change the whole gauge cluster. that's probably what he meant to say

Thanx for the info....why would I need to change the guage cluster thoughIt allready has the tach.....It just wouldn't use the auto lights that tell you what gear its in right??

Default Gauge cluster

I had the same question before about why I needed to change the whole gauge cluster. Well I went up to Sacramento to Motor Sports Dynamic. They do a lot engine swaps and other performance work. They are pretty well known. So my friend told me to go up there and check it out. Well I ask them about the auto to a manual tranny swap. The reason they said that you needed to change out the whole gauge cluster is because something about the rev-limiter. The rev-limiter is different on an auto tranny than a manual tranny. And the gauge cluster might affect you from reving high enough. I also know that the ECU is part of the problem because it won't let you rev high enough.

Hmmm I'm thinkin you must mean redline, because how could the gauges limit your reving abilities?..Since you can rev up just fine without even having any gauges....? Not trying to act smart or anything... just makes more sense to me...any1 differ??..cuz I really don't know a whole lot about swaps..or gauges for that matter....
    Last edited by '92AcCoRd; 02-04-2004 at 04:29 AM.

HOOD RIVER?!!!!!! WTF do you do out there lol

Any way whats up, welcome to the board, glad to see another Oregonian on here........

heh....thnx........Yah not much out here but, peace and quiet, and the damn windsurfers....I live in Oregon city for 8 months but decided to move back here...the rat race isn't for me...I don't mind driving in it...but living there is a different story...anywayz... wussup.

Thread Information