Topic: f22 vtec conversion

Post f22 vtec conversion

can i convert a non-vtec f22 to a vtec? i've seen kits for civic conversions and h22 conversions, but not for f22. the only difference between kits is the bore on the gasket, but i have no idea what bore my f22 95 accord lx contains. help please.

swap a f22b2 in if you want that. But if you want vtec get a h22. Or be original and get a f20b or something.
    Shift_BOOST

wait, do you want to do an engine swap, or just make a non vtec engine vtec?
    Shift_BOOST

i was looking into putting vtec on my f22 sohc non vtec, at least till i save up enough money for a swap, prolly h22

to convert to vtec you need the vtec head which i found on ebay bc i was gonna do it..they are there just look for them then you need an ecu from an ex then the wiring harness that has the vtec wire. type r will post on here im sure and add/correct anything i missed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...939799052&rd=1 the bid is over but thats the head with the throttle body
    Full Race Stage 2 GT.

wouldnt you need the camshaft? or are you saying the camshaft is with the head? IMO, the hp gains are not worth it.
    Shift_BOOST

i just don't like that EX's inch by me if they have intake/exhaust. i'm looking for a "quick fix" till i have money for a swap

do you have an automatic or 5 speed? Yeah, I know what you're feeling. My friend's rx7 slowly will beat me. I'm stock and he has exhaust. But when I get my car back... he'll have no chance.
    Shift_BOOST

Thread Information