PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Altezza Tail Lights On 92 Accord 2door

halfros honda
03-09-2004, 06:29 PM
what's up peeps, i finally did the impossible i got 90-91 carbon altezza tail lights and put em on my 92 accord 2 door which there are no altezza lights available for, on 92-93 4 door there is a difference between the 2 door n 4 door lights. the 90-91 tails are the closest match for the 92-93 2door version. i had to make a few mods on the trunk for the lights to fit but i did no i m sooo satisfied, i've been debatin on doin the mod for a couple years now since i gave up lookin for the lights for my 2door. it looks sweet and was definitely worth the extra work i also had to mod the wiring a lil on the trunk for everything to work correctly. it was pretty easy though suprisingly, if anyone else decides to do this n needs help feel free to contact me.

cpmike
03-10-2004, 10:42 PM
awesome! ive had that idea on my mind, but you sir, are the first person i have seen to do that.

do you have any pics?! i would LOVE to see them.

halfros honda
03-11-2004, 09:09 AM
not to brag but i did think i was at least one of the first people in my area to do it, hehe i just couldn't stand those stock lights anymore i definitely will have pics by this weekend if i can't post em i'll try to email em or sumthin, thanks

halfros honda
03-11-2004, 04:59 PM
umm i think this should work the pic of carbon altezza tails on a 92 accord 2door

halfros honda
03-11-2004, 05:05 PM
damn sorry files too big tried to zip it still too big can anyone help?

cpmike
03-11-2004, 06:21 PM
i sent you a PM, ill resize and post it for you once you send it. :)

halfros honda
03-12-2004, 01:24 PM
thanks for ur help i figured it out hope these pics aren't too small
but here ya go

imcheap
03-13-2004, 12:28 AM
eh' man... let me know how you fit the things on... i hate my cracked stock tail lights...

Asiandude03
03-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Does anyone want to buy some use Altezza chrome lights. I put them on my car for about a month. And I want to sell them for $100. The reason I am selling them is because I bought another pair that I like better. I would post a picture. But I don't know how.

halfros honda
03-13-2004, 04:09 PM
eh' man... let me know how you fit the things on... i hate my cracked stock tail lights...

well after i took the stock lights off, on the trunk lid i had to make a couple of cuts to widen the space to fit the light into. i made a cut then put the light in till i got it fit right, i also had to remove the trunk lock tumbler, the outter lights fit perfectly n u won't have to do any mods, the inner trunk lights are a lil' larger than the oem lights but it works, u'll also have to take the wire harness off the old lights n attach to the pigtail socket that comes with the altezza lights, the one they supply doesn't work with the 92s ur brake light indicator will come on n the brake lights won't work trust me the one they supply has 2pins in it n the oem has 4pins. the way i hooked the wires up after i modded it i have the extra set of brake lights inside the trunk because there's no spot for the bulbs in the light the inner trunk lights on the altezza is only the back up lights. if u need more help let me know

halfros honda
03-13-2004, 04:15 PM

well after i took the stock lights off, on the trunk lid i had to make a couple of cuts to widen the space to fit the light into. i made a cut then put the light in till i got it fit right, i also had to remove the trunk lock tumbler, the outter lights fit perfectly n u won't have to do any mods, the inner trunk lights are a lil' larger than the oem lights but it works, u'll also have to take the wire harness off the old lights n attach to the pigtail socket that comes with the altezza lights, the one they supply doesn't work with the 92s ur brake light indicator will come on n the brake lights won't work trust me the one they supply has 2pins in it n the oem has 4pins. the way i hooked the wires up after i modded it i have the extra set of brake lights inside the trunk because there's no spot for the bulbs in the light the inner trunk lights on the altezza is only the back up lights. if u need more help let me know

imcheap
03-14-2004, 12:56 AM
i'll try it out... if i get stuck i'll get back to you

halfros honda
03-14-2004, 02:41 PM
no problem either post or send me n email, it really wasn't too difficult at all hardest part was cuttin n that really wasn't too hard at all took about 2 hrs all 2gether to get everything right

Asiandude03
03-17-2004, 01:34 AM
Well I sold my tail lights for $130 dollars. Which is hell funny since I only paid $150. Some stupid Idot bought them.

halfros honda
03-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Well I sold my tail lights for $130 dollars. Which is hell funny since I only paid $150. Some stupid Idot bought them.

that is funny i didn't wanna say anything while u were trying to sell em, but i got mine for $100 including shippin brand new, lol

Asiandude03
03-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Its all good thank you. But one of my friends have a question. Do you know if you can fit 91 Accord Coupe tail lights on a 91 Accord Sedan with out any problems? Here is my car with my old tail lights and when I was installing them.

cpmike
03-26-2004, 01:28 PM
tail lights are swappable between all 90-91 accords (besides wagons)... so yeah, coupe tails would fit on your sedan :) it wasnt till 92 that the lights between coupes+sedans were different.

Asiandude03
03-27-2004, 01:00 AM
No I have a Accord coupe do you like my Accord picture I posted? That is my Accord. I was wondering earlier because I sold my old tail lights to a guy who drives a sedan.