PDA

View Full Version : h22a qwestions, things i need.

accord driver holland
08-12-2007, 03:55 AM
my h22a is from 1993
(i thoght its obd 1)

im looking for a ecu for my h22a swap.
i read that the p72 are the best for preformance is. but i read its from an integra.
my qwestion:
can i juse it on my h22a whit just plug and play?

2e qwestion:
i wana chip it.
i see a lot of cheap chip on ebay is this what i must have?

3e qwestion:
whits cams i need.

my h22a gets a tuned head port/polis, cams,
header. and new ecu

do you guys know some other options for me what i need.

thanks

95_acc0rd
08-12-2007, 07:15 AM
ok your H22 is obd1 so the p72 will work fine.. i recomend you get it tuned by a shop that answeres your 2nd question.. dont go with the ebay one have a shop do it for you.. the cams depends on what you want to do performance wise.... if you want to turbo it the stock cams are fine... if your going N/A then stg2 is good for street/strip.. your going to hav to do some head work as you said your going to do port and poilsh (so im assuming your going n/a) get some good valves, springs and retainers

accord driver holland
08-12-2007, 09:00 AM
ok your H22 is obd1 so the p72 will work fine.. i recomend you get it tuned by a shop that answeres your 2nd question.. dont go with the ebay one have a shop do it for you.. the cams depends on what you want to do performance wise.... if you want to turbo it the stock cams are fine... if your going N/A then stg2 is good for street/strip.. your going to hav to do some head work as you said your going to do port and poilsh (so im assuming your going n/a) get some good valves, springs and retainers

first thanks,
do you maby know a shop where i can order the ecu online? i have seen some (shops) on ebay. but i dont know what i must think about it.
yea i going for n/a. i have seen some cams on ebay from skunk2. is this good? and they olso have valves and springs, retainers.

95_acc0rd
08-12-2007, 03:35 PM
yeah as long as the parts are REAL skunk2.. have a shop by you do the ecu, cause they'll have to dyno it.. if you put cams in the motor runnin an ebay chip it wont work... talk to a real shop

accord driver holland
08-13-2007, 08:43 AM
yeah as long as the parts are REAL skunk2.. have a shop by you do the ecu, cause they'll have to dyno it.. if you put cams in the motor runnin an ebay chip it wont work... talk to a real shop

thanks, i gone look for a shop here to chip it.
but can i buy the p72 ecu on ebay, is that save. b/c its hard to get that stuff here.

BIGBOTO
08-13-2007, 03:10 PM
go with a p72. you really dont have to chip it. im not chipped. however i am running the APEXi NEO, it has VAFC and SAFC all in one. i use it to control fuel and vtec along with some other stuff. i would highly recomend that you upgrade your fuel managment. i have the AEM fuel rail and pressure regulator. i recomend it since you are doing a head build on her. if you dont have it already get a P13 to keep as a spare. i never chipped my P72 because i plan on tuning on HONDATA as soon as my ITBs find its way in my budget. a stock P72 and atleast a VAFC should be fine?!?!?! but if you do chip like others said have a shop do it....and no e-bay crap! go CROME or go HOME

95_acc0rd
08-13-2007, 06:50 PM
your runnin a piggy back on your car boto? damn.. anyway sense you are getting head work done definatly have a shop tune the p72.. i think p13s are harder to find also... go with hondata if yo uahve a choice of a shop doing it.. if your going to tune it go with crome (its free and easy (if you have it all hooked up and data logging)

BIGBOTO
08-13-2007, 11:02 PM
your runnin a piggy back on your car boto? damn.. anyway sense you are getting head work done definatly have a shop tune the p72.. i think p13s are harder to find also... go with hondata if yo uahve a choice of a shop doing it.. if your going to tune it go with crome (its free and easy (if you have it all hooked up and data logging)

yes im piggy backed! hahahahahah

but anyways seriousness if you are tuning i would suggest crome too. im seriously looking into hondata, but like i said im gonna wait to see if i decide to run ITBs too. if you need a P13 LMK i can probably scrounge one up!:hehe:

95_acc0rd
08-14-2007, 09:14 AM
chirs i might need that p13.. i might be puttin an H22 head on my block..... that should be fun

accord driver holland
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
about the fuel,
i run on Liquefied Petroleum Gas (lpg) (g3)
insted of benzine. its a compleat other systym.
i dont know if you guys know it?

but this is one of the problems.

i think i must go to a (lpg) garage to ask if i can give it more gas.
do you guys know other things that i must ask there?

(i hope that you onderstand what i mean)

BIGBOTO
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
LMK about the P13!

and holland i really didnt understand??? wish i could help. maybe some pics or video would be good?!?!?

95_acc0rd
08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
well... it turns out that the H22 head will fit but will be a bitch to get working so im just gonna get my car tuned by whipfactory over by my house... they use NepTune (one of the best tuning software iv seen)

and yeah im not fimilar with any of the fules your talking about but good luck with it

accord driver holland
08-15-2007, 09:05 AM
i thaught so, its hard to explan.
but i ask it at a garage, and i cant run whit a APEXi NEO of things like that. it whont work on my car b/c the fuel that i have.(lpg)

but now i know what i must have.
a p72ecu
chipt at a shop
whit NO ebay chip

and i know it hard to say (if its to say)
but how much hp can i get whit the tuned head?

and thanks for helping me.

accord driver holland
08-15-2007, 09:20 AM
this a lpi systeem, but almost the same as a lpg systeem.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/accorddriverholland/lpi_systeem.jpg

95_acc0rd
08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
no clue on the fuel syetem thing.. you can expect abaout 20hp from the port depending on cams anywhere from 10-15hp and the tune will even everything out but it just depends on the parts and how they work togeather you may only see a 5hp MAX gain but you could see 15hp in the mid range same goes with TQ so power from tuning depends on the parts and if there complimantary to eachother..

BIGBOTO
08-15-2007, 03:58 PM
werd! the head made a big difference for me!

95_acc0rd
08-15-2007, 10:03 PM
absolutly thats where the powers made..

accord driver holland
08-16-2007, 01:35 PM
when i can order the cams at the shop here, i let you guys know whits brands i can get.
so you can say, thats good or thats bad.

i gone order them next month.

95_acc0rd
08-16-2007, 09:36 PM
thell probably be able to get any company... there recomend some over others but probably can get em all

accord driver holland
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
so can you say thats good or thats bad?
or your advise, (buy that brand)

95_acc0rd
08-17-2007, 09:14 AM
yeah.. skunk2 and crower are always good stuff

accord driver holland
08-17-2007, 04:39 PM
oke, than i gone look for those.
thanks

accord driver holland
08-21-2007, 10:51 AM
http://www.avb-sports.be/honda/prelude/1992-1996/engine-compartment/camshaft/13863

this is the crowers me ment?
this is at my shop.

95_acc0rd
08-21-2007, 08:36 PM
dont konw... this is crower http://www.crower.com/cat/import/honda/cams/h22.shtml

dexd75
01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
how much do you want for the p13 ecu