PDA

View Full Version : my bouncing rear-end.=)

rhughes13
04-08-2007, 07:36 PM
i have a '99 accord sedan that wont stop bouncing in the rear. i have eibach springs, and kyb gr-2 shocks and struts. from the beginning, the front has been tight but the rear has way too much bounce. anyone else had a similar problem? i dont want to waste money on adjustable shocks when mine should work just fine.

AccordEx
04-08-2007, 07:52 PM
blown shock it would seem so

BostonAndy
04-09-2007, 01:27 PM
blown shock it would seem so

That sounds like the most likely problem.

Jack the car up and check out the rear suspension. Check for any thing that looks broken, make sure all of the components are tight, look for play in the connections.

Also, you would be really surprised how much of an effect sway bars can have on the performance of your car's suspension. I thought that my front shocks were blown, i knew that the passenger's side sawy bar end link was broken. I fixed the end link, now the shocks feel fine.

rhughes13
04-11-2007, 05:12 PM
That sounds like the most likely problem.

Jack the car up and check out the rear suspension. Check for any thing that looks broken, make sure all of the components are tight, look for play in the connections.

Also, you would be really surprised how much of an effect sway bars can have on the performance of your car's suspension. I thought that my front shocks were blown, i knew that the passenger's side sawy bar end link was broken. I fixed the end link, now the shocks feel fine.

evrything looks good. the problem started RIGHT after i put in the the brand new shocks. is it at all likely that i received two blown shocks from the manufacturer? also, when i go over a speed bump crooked and let each rear wheel go over the bump at different times, the amount of rebound or bounce is the same on each side. so its definatly both.