PDA

View Full Version : tranny issues.

nic_witter
10-23-2006, 03:55 PM
I just replaced my stock transmission with a jdm transmission and my car will not stay in overdrive. It did this on my old motor as well as the new vtec. The car will only go into overdrive when I puch it on the highway, Then when I let off, it shifts back back down, so, I'm runnin' like 3000 to 35000 rpms at 65 to 70 mph. It also downshifts and revs really high when I take turns at a slow speeds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

97 2 door accord
10-23-2006, 10:06 PM
sounds normal to me since its a 4 spd auto aka piece of shit, do a 5 spd swap like me and control it yourself, its way more fun

TOP END MS
03-07-2007, 11:30 PM
It should down shift at turns. It revs high b/c its down shifting, but your still holding the gas so revs are going to get real high. You might want to get off the gas and onto the brake.

Im not sure the deal with 'overdrive', but if its in D3 you wont go past 3rd gear, and if your in D4 you have a fourth gear. Autos try to keep the RPMs pretty low so its gonna try to stay in D3 as much as possible. D3 shouldnt ever rev extremely high tho unless you have the gas pedal mashed.