PDA

View Full Version : engine serial numbers

nic_witter
09-14-2006, 03:23 PM
ok, I'm tryin' to get this damn ecu thing figured out and it has turned out to be more hassle than I thought. I've got about 2 or 3 numers off of this motor and every dealer that I contact tells me that they can't help me and have no way to find out what ecu I need. I think I'm just gonna buy one that says it fits the 94-97 vtec and be done with it.

97 2 door accord
09-14-2006, 05:41 PM
ok, I'm tryin' to get this damn ecu thing figured out and it has turned out to be more hassle than I thought. I've got about 2 or 3 numers off of this motor and every dealer that I contact tells me that they can't help me and have no way to find out what ecu I need. I think I'm just gonna buy one that says it fits the 94-97 vtec and be done with it.
i hate noobs, never listen to someone who tries to help em out, as previously mentioned get a fucking obd2 vtec ecu from https://d-a-p.com/shop/scripts/default.asp otherwise you'll find out you plugs wont fit if you get an obd1

95_acc0rd
09-14-2006, 07:50 PM
all you need to know is the engine code and year its from, that will tell you what ecu to run