PDA

View Full Version : crank sensor

nic_witter
09-11-2006, 07:28 PM
whats up guys. I was doing a little research on what ecu I needed to get. The place I bought the jdm motor from told me that they could only tell me that it came off of a 94 to 97. Well there are 2 different ecu's for vtec engines. They told me that if the motor has a crank sensor it is 96-97, and if it does not, then it would be 94-95. Is this right? And if so, where do I find the crank sensor and what does it look like?

TheFirstNutZo
09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure about the crank sensor, but don't those engines have serial numbers that can be looked up kinda like VIN numbers? I thought I remembered something like that. You might want to check in on that and see, I may be way off though.

Do you have access to a full manual of any kind? The crank sensor info should be listed in one of them, the full manuals usually include information for all flavors of a car... I have a full service manual for 4th gens and they have like ten different configurations including 4 wheel steering (I wish we could get that here state-side :( )

95_acc0rd
09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
what jdm motor do you have?

97 2 door accord
09-11-2006, 08:39 PM
you dont want 4 wheel steering, trust me, it aint worth being able to make a turn 2 ft. shorter, look on the head, on the exhaust side, there should be a couple of time stamps, if you know how to read it, it will tell you what month and year your engine was made. there's 3 stamps but i dont remember what the other one is
let me check my computer i gots it on here somewhere

97 2 door accord
09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
i must have deleted it damn it