PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Help, I broke something I think

importcomps
09-02-2006, 10:54 PM
So I was taking my bumper off to install factory fog lights. During the removal a bolt broke. During the installation I notice that the thread on the other nut is no longer accepting a bolt. can anybody help me so i can get my damn bumper back one

pictures
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m192/importcomps/0903060004a-1.jpg

95_acc0rd
09-03-2006, 06:51 AM
you have to drill out the hole and tap a new one in

importcomps
09-03-2006, 07:23 AM
so I have to tap two damn holes...thats what i figured though

95_acc0rd
09-03-2006, 08:57 AM
you dont HAVE to do two but it will help, unless you broke both of them

importcomps
09-03-2006, 11:36 AM
broke one but the other hole wont accept the bolt..its not catching

95_acc0rd
09-03-2006, 11:42 AM
you may as well if its not going in then yeah drill it out and tapp now holes in there and make sure you have the right size bolt pitch length dimeter everything, cause if you tap it one size then put a diffrent size bolt in there your gonna ruin the threads you just tapped in

importcomps
09-03-2006, 06:03 PM
well i got the stripped one back working. But still this damn broken bolt isnt moving i tried using that easy bolt out thing and the bolt still isnt turning

Velocifero
09-03-2006, 09:05 PM
So I was taking my bumper off to install factory fog lights. During the removal a bolt broke. During the installation I notice that the thread on the other nut is no longer accepting a bolt. can anybody help me so i can get my damn bumper back one
hey i recently installed oem fog lights too, they work and look great. one of my bolts didnt tighten all the way either, its still hangin on, tho.

97 2 door accord
09-03-2006, 09:28 PM
well i got the stripped one back working. But still this damn broken bolt isnt moving i tried using that easy bolt out thing and the bolt still isnt turning
i would suggest buying a reverse thread bolt and hope it catchs and pulls the bolt out, go really slow if you go this route, if you go to fast it wont have time to catch, and if it doesnt catch then just drill the bolt out
broken bolts arnt fun but there not the end of the world, the worst thing i have and to drill out is a oil drain plug bolt on a ford that i barely snugged up at work, and the head of the bolt just popped off and the damn thing had a magnet inside the bolt and i couldnt drill it @ all but i managed to get it out after about an hour and a half w/out taking the oil pan off

BIGBOTO
09-04-2006, 12:23 AM
if you are lookin for that JDM look, i have the answer for you! everyone is doing this, seems to be the trend..ZIPP TIES IS THE JDM WAY! top drifters and racers all over japan is doin this!:thumbup:except me

importcomps
09-04-2006, 12:43 PM
i broke the damn easy out...next option

95_acc0rd
09-04-2006, 08:24 PM
zip ties all the way theyll hold dont worry, everyone in japan is using them so it has to be good, im starting to go jdm im zip tieing all my wires togeather, as well as i zip tied my rear seat belts to the floor cause they keep flying around, i might have to zip tie my bumper cover on (youll know what i mean if you knwo what happened, i odnt like talking about it...