PDA

View Full Version : O2 Sensor

TheFirstNutZo
12-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Ok, I removed the O2 sensor from under the car when I installed new headers.. now I need to know how to wire them back up (which colors into which holes) and how to bring the wiring from behind the engine around to the front of the engine. Any help would be appreciated :)

ridin90accord
12-09-2003, 01:57 PM
patrick is supposed to be sending me a whole write up on how to remove and reistall the 02 sensor so when i get it ill send it to you too

TheFirstNutZo
12-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Nice :) what kind of timeframe are we talking about?

ridin90accord
12-09-2003, 02:04 PM
well he was supposed to send it yesterday.. hahha

TheFirstNutZo
12-09-2003, 02:05 PM
ah... well I suppose that just about answers that hopefully soon :)

ACCLUDE
12-31-2003, 07:47 PM
OH SHIT!!!! Sorry Erik!! I totally forgot!!!

I'm emailing it to both of you......NOW!

As for running the wires, buy a few feet of 16awg. SHIELDED wire. Those O2 wires are sensitive and you may get some false engine codes if they get too much interfearance. Let me know if you guys need anything else too. BTW...good to be back and glad a lot of you old regulars are still on here

ACCLUDE
12-31-2003, 09:12 PM
Just incase you're not able to find what you need in all the crap I emailed you.

The O2 sensor wires are in order ON THE SENSOR ITS SELF. Look at it and you'll see 2 black wires on one side and white and green on the other side. The black wire that has the wite wire next to it would be considered pin 1 in my O2 sensor plug diagram. The white wire would be considered pin 2, the other black wire would be pin 3 and the green wire next to it would be 4. Looking at the sensor its self, you'll see that the wires are already aranged the way they need to connec to the plug. I hope that makes sense cause it's a lot less confusing if you see what I'm talking about.

This is basically the O2 sensor plug.
......___.......
..__/___\__...
..|...........|..
..|..1.|.2..|..
..|.....|....|..
..|..3.|.4..|..
..|_______|..

O2 Sensor Side
pin 1 - Black
pin 2 - White
pin 3 - Black
pin 4 - Green

Car harness side
pin 1 - yellow/black - ends up at motor ground and pin B1 at ECU
pin 2 - white - goes to pin D14 at ECU
pin 3 - Orange/White - goes to pin A6 at ECU
pin 4 - Green/white - goes to EGR valve lift sensor, TPS, Collant temp switch, Intake air temp sensor (this is a shared sensor wire which does not go to ground or the ECU...it only connects to those sensors listed)

Hope that's what you need. Let me know if you have any other questions.

hovajjk
04-09-2004, 10:19 AM
I have a question for my new headers on my civic. There are 2 o2 sensors and my new headers only have 1 access port. What are my options to make this work....

Thank You