PDA

View Full Version : Abs problem frustrating me.

prackash2402
08-13-2006, 01:06 AM
hi all thanks for looking.

I have a 96 accord coupe 2.0L LS. The problem is that my abs light comes on and abs stops working when i reach 3000 rpm in 4th gear or put it in 5th gear i had this problem last year but it stopped happening so i thought i was fixed, i now realise it isn't.
problem was in summer last year and when it got colder it stopped but now its hot again it happens again. I've had all pipes discs and pads checked and changed.

Please please can any body help.

Thanks

AccordEx
08-13-2006, 09:53 AM
check your ABS system under the hood, it might be damaged

it will look something like this if you allready didnt know

http://www.ukcar.com/features/tech/others/Anti-Lock-Brakes/car-ABS%20pump.jpg

prackash2402
08-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks for responce.

It looks fine, would it be worth me getting all the wireing cleaned and reconected just to make sure all the contacts are good and clean, I have a mate who can dio this for me at no cost or is this a waste of time.

AccordEx
08-13-2006, 02:09 PM
i dont see why it couldnt hurt

Quicksilvercord
08-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Agreed might as well do it if its free

Velocifero
08-13-2006, 05:32 PM
mine has been on seemingly forever. sometimes, itll be on as soon as i start the car, other times after a few miles. usually tho ill start my car, and ill hear the accumalator trying to charge, after about a minute ill hear a click and the light goes on. when the light is off, it does actually work, ive tested it. the Haynes manual states the ABS system is far more complex than you think and should be serviced by a professional. i wish i could fix it myself.

prackash2402
08-13-2006, 11:40 PM
i also hear click when light comes on and abs works when light is off.
after light comes on the only way to get it off is for me to turn my ignition off and then back on again. yet i have been told this is not an ideal thing to do as i could burn out my starter motor.

one way or another i will get to the bottom of this and let you all know how it was fixed for our future referance

TOP END MS
03-08-2007, 12:05 AM
You can actually check ABS trouble shooting much like CEL trouble shooting. Its in the manual. You can get the Honda manual at www.hondahookup.com > Manuals.