PDA

View Full Version : Cam Gear Tuning?

zzzsleeperzzz
08-02-2006, 02:19 PM
hey there duders,
i got a 95 ex, 5spd. 2.5" exhaust, CAI, K&N filter right now. i have a set of AEM power steering and alternator puleys, a lightened crank pulley, megan header, and an AEM adjustable cam gear all ready to go on. none of that is a problem to install, except the cam gear. i was told to take it to a professional to tune it, but i'm a rather mechanical kinda guy, and i was curious if i could do it myself without blowing myself up. if any of you have one on or know a place to refer me to that will tell me what to set it on, that would be super. i believe its adjustable 10 degrees of both advance/ retard. any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks alot,
-Chris

Quicksilvercord
08-02-2006, 03:16 PM
You need a dyno to tune it so you actually gain the most potential...tell you what get a set of cams, and a hondata set up then go get it tuned so you will actually make decent gains.

97 2 door accord
08-05-2006, 09:28 AM
i suggest having a professional put your cam gear on, because if your off on your timing by just 1 tooth, you will bend the valves, then you will have to send your head out to be fixed, and if a professional screws it up, they have to fix it for free

zzzsleeperzzz
08-05-2006, 03:12 PM
-quicksilver - i'm keeping my VTEC cam, cause i love hearing that engine start to scream at 5k, and i don't have the money for a new cam right now(koledge),

-97 2 dr - good point on the bent valves and whatnot. i do not wanna [expletive deleted] up my internals over this.

*note* i do plan on getting hondata once i get the money. just buying my last bolt-on next - 68mm TB, then i got school, and i start saving up again. i suppose i'll just have to take it out and have it tuned.

Quicksilvercord
08-05-2006, 05:19 PM
You can get a better V-tec Cam is what I was saying...yeah College so not looknig foward to it, Anyways I honestly dont think the Cam Gear is worth putting on by itself....but thats just my 2 cents.