PDA

View Full Version : Cat back or exhaust

wicked95
07-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I recently added my dc headers but now i dont know what kind of exhaust to put. I was thinking of going exhaust with straight pipe. Or cat back both would be from Skunk2. The bad thing about the straight pipe is that i need the cat to pass the smog test. So what do you guys think am looking for better performance. Thansk

mahBLACKaccord
07-10-2006, 08:15 PM
well it would be better for performance if you got a straight pipe, but the honda cat outta tha factory has pretty good flow already. and plus, is this gonna be a daily driver? cuz if so you do need the cat to pass smog, plus removing the cat is ILLEGAL. and you don't want to loose your car juss because of the cat.

i say get the cat back.

BIGBOTO
07-10-2006, 08:20 PM
:idunno: i have a GReddy evoII on ny whip. kept the stock cat and had custom pipes. wish i had the sound clips for you but she kicks ass. i don't think straight piping your ride will make much of a difference. i read somewhere that you'll lose the torque. so i followed that advice and kept the stock jus got custom pipes and very satisfied with the outcome. with a straight pipe more horse power less torque. i love torque!!!

95_acc0rd
07-10-2006, 10:04 PM
i have a test pipe, but i cant really tell you any diffrences between haveing it and not becides, it smells like straight fumes, haha its louder and im pretty sure its only HP and the TQ is less as what i hear, but in a couple months im gonna try to get a factory cat so ill be able to tell the diffrenses between the two

wicked95
07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
well thanks guys. By the way any of you know if the Skunk2 cat is any good. Thanks

5thGenLX
07-26-2006, 03:40 AM
on ny whip.

dont ever say word again...

moving on, run a straight pipe with a slight modification. after purchasing a catback system, buy a pipe the length of the cat, weld on the flanges to match, (cut em off the old cat if needbe), bolt that baby up and drive it until you need to go through emissions. unbolt the pipe, bolt up the cat, take the test, and you should get hte point by now if you dont /yourself :P