PDA

View Full Version : cap and rotor?

BIGBOTO
06-18-2006, 01:58 PM
okay mang, this is the dilly yo! i start the car up and heard this weird noise coming from under the hood. i pop the hood and was able to locate where the noise is coming from, it was obvious that the noise was coming from the cap of the distributor. almost like a squeaky belt type sound. i turn the car off and checked the cap and rotor, it looked fine to me:idunno: the car runs but i notice a bit of a power loss. the check engine light comes off then shuts off. this is driving me nuts, because i did the oil change and wanted to cruise this weekend, but ahh! was thinkin bout changing the cap and rotor but wanted to see if i should look at other things also while in this process. any feedback is great.:thumbup:

BIGBOTO
06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
well i went ahead and changed the cap and rotor. for my h-22a my cap is a 91 accord cap and the rotor is a 93 vtech. reason for the cap is it has a internal coil. well the power is restored but it still makes a squeaking noise. considering changing the distributor. well heres the problem, my distributor is a japan prelude distributor, my option is to change it to american and install a coil?!? the check engine light is still on but the car feels fine again. should i reset the computer again? any suggestions?

Velocifero
06-20-2006, 08:57 AM
well i went ahead and changed the cap and rotor. for my h-22a my cap is a 91 accord cap and the rotor is a 93 vtech. reason for the cap is it has a internal coil. well the power is restored but it still makes a squeaking noise. considering changing the distributor. well heres the problem, my distributor is a japan prelude distributor, my option is to change it to american and install a coil?!? the check engine light is still on but the car feels fine again. should i reset the computer again? any suggestions?
got me. so your motor is jdm? cuz mine is an internal coil integra gs cap, unsure on year. and the rotor, i have no idea.

BIGBOTO
06-20-2006, 04:22 PM
got me. so your motor is jdm? cuz mine is an internal coil integra gs cap, unsure on year. and the rotor, i have no idea.
yup JDM. well takin the whip to vakamon soon. it rides alright, but i notice that when i am cruising it up hill...kinda feel likes it wants to give more, but just doesn't. know what i mean?!?

BIGBOTO
06-20-2006, 04:33 PM
do any of you know if there is any sensor or anything i should be aware of by the oil filter. was jus thinkin what if i did some thing when i changed the oil. well when the car cools of i'll go double check.

Quicksilvercord
06-20-2006, 05:25 PM
I don't think there is a sensor there if you had a new car that tells you when your oil needs to be changed then yes maybe, but I don't think you do.

BIGBOTO
06-20-2006, 09:12 PM
on my way to school tonight, the car ran okay. on the freeway it was good, until i took the cut off. while getting caught up in the red lights i noticed that the car began to bog out. looked at the RPMs and noticed it bouncing. you know how it idels below one, well it would drop to zero and back up. well it died out once and i began to trip. i changed the cap and rotor yesterday. think its the distributor? or should i look at the plugs and wires? i rolled the windows down and began to listen to the car. also noticed that the exhaust had a sound that almost sounded like a backfire??? guys if i ever needed your help, this is my most time in need. HELP!!!

BIGBOTO
06-20-2006, 10:12 PM
hehe this has been an ongoing problem with me. or at least a similar one.im lookin into fuel problems now, but i also think somethings up with my electics. do you have a radar detector? whenever my car starts to act up my detector reads laser. anything similar for you?
nope no radar detector. man i'm fuckin boggled! this weekend is being spent on seeing if i can figure it out. if not then she'll go to the wizard at vakamons. really wanna do it myself, know what i mean?! kinda like for future reference. so in the future i know the dilly

BIGBOTO
06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
heh we let me know what you find out, im sure it will help me out a ton. i've been tryin to "do it myself" for the longest and i just cant get headway with it. nor any of my buddies.
sure thing man!