PDA

View Full Version : my '90 won't start after engine wash?

droptail
10-03-2004, 05:10 PM
I degreased and sprayed down the entire engine bay to replace the leaking cover gasket and now it won't start. I don't see any spark at the plug when removed and grounded to the engine. I do smell fuel on the plug. What has caused this? Is it just a mater of letting it dry out, its been about 15 hours?

Ricanstylz00
10-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Did you remember to cover the distributor, alternator, and (something else, I forgot) with plastic bags and rubberbands before you did the spray down?

Envious_Accord
10-05-2004, 02:15 PM
did you use a powerwasher at a car wash or what? friend did that with his civic and messed up something not sure what it was been a while

jdmaccordbo!916
10-09-2004, 10:15 PM
i hope that you left you engine running when you washed it... you might have gotten water in the coil, take off an check that out... make sure it is totaly dry because that will fuck the day up for you if you know what i mean.... i did that to a brand new jaguar when i was a lot porter an the engine just stopped due to water in the coil...

vindictivejoker
10-10-2004, 10:55 AM
did that the other day, had to tow it to the dealer to dry out the wires, no parts wrecked. hope you're in the same boat