PDA

View Full Version : Questions?

92AccordDX
12-04-2003, 09:23 AM
so i was thinking i wanted to make my car sweet than a realized a few things......i have the DX which has nasty ass black bumpers. i dont want to replace them with a body kit because i have the "classic" rear wheel rust going for me. i think the only thing left that i am gonna do is slam it. Do you guys have suggestions on how low i should go. i want a somewhat smooth ride, but i dont wanna have to be dodging shit all the time while im driving. 2in's? 2 1/2? what kinda springs? camber kit?

jaccord96
12-04-2003, 01:00 PM
my buddy has h&r springs on his 93 and i like the way it rides much more than the eighbach sportlines on my ride. if i could go back... thats what id buy.

TheFirstNutZo
12-04-2003, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't go more than about 3"... probably 1-2" would be your best bet. The lower you go the rougher it gets, and it gets rough fast. As far as brands I donno, jaccord96 seems to have an idea so listen to him :)

vasponger
12-04-2003, 05:44 PM
i wouldnt go more than 2-2.5 unless its a show car

i plan on going 1.75 or 2 at the most due to my low exhaust pipe

TheFirstNutZo
12-04-2003, 06:06 PM
if you do a 1" drop, along with front and rear struts it'll make a hell of a difference in how the car handles. I'm kind of afraid of dropping mine at all since I have a bunch of shitty gravel driveways that I have to frequent :-/

jaccord96
12-05-2003, 04:39 PM
if you do a 1" drop, along with front and rear struts it'll make a hell of a difference in how the car handles. I'm kind of afraid of dropping mine at all since I have a bunch of shitty gravel driveways that I have to frequent :-/

also some strut bars realy help with handling....as far as gravle driveways, i just have to be carfull. my car went down a little over 2 inchs on the sportlins w/ kyb shocks, and i hardly ever scrape....cept my mudflaps in the front when i roll over speed bumps...but thats it.

jaccord96
12-05-2003, 04:40 PM
and if you go any lower than that you also have to wory about a camber kit.

TheFirstNutZo
12-05-2003, 07:36 PM
also some strut bars realy help with handling....as far as gravle driveways, i just have to be carfull. my car went down a little over 2 inchs on the sportlins w/ kyb shocks, and i hardly ever scrape....cept my mudflaps in the front when i roll over speed bumps...but thats it.
well maybe I will drop it then.. just a bit. I don't have the bars yet but they should certainly make a difference.

vasponger
12-05-2003, 07:38 PM
read your pm biznitch

TheFirstNutZo
12-05-2003, 07:42 PM
don't call me a biznitch, biznitch! I am strapped out of cash right now, perhaps in a few months but I owe some money and I am currently jobless so I'm going to have to pass :(

TheFirstNutZo
12-05-2003, 07:42 PM
sign onto the chatroom Justin, ya crazy dutch bastard.. http://www.accordracing.com/chatroom/index.php

jdmaccordbo!916
12-06-2003, 03:54 AM
ya take it from me bro.. you dont wanna go to low.. my car is on H&R's an tokiko blues an it is almost to low now... the struts have settled alot now, an even with a 3 degree camber in the front, it is still butterflyed an off by 1 degree... i have to spend about $200. to get the ball joint kit to adjust it the rest of the way.. it is a pain in the ass to drive out of parking lots, an over the smallist of puddles.. an it is hell when it comes to the underside of your car... but it does look good though i will admite to that one... heheheh :D

TheFirstNutZo
12-06-2003, 11:24 AM
just how low ARE you? 3-4" ?

jdmaccordbo!916
12-07-2003, 03:39 AM
ya it is somewere aroudn there.. i just went to have it checked out at the shop, an it was off 1.4 degrees in the front still an that is with the 3 degree camber kit on there already...

TheFirstNutZo
12-07-2003, 10:58 AM
so how much ground clearance do you have? That is an incredible amount of drop.. and 4.4 degrees is just crazy.

jdmaccordbo!916
12-08-2003, 03:31 AM
so how much ground clearance do you have? That is an incredible amount of drop.. and 4.4 degrees is just crazy.
well i never realy measured the actual ground to bottom of car before, but i know if i was to run over a soda can (that was on its side) it would deffinatly get smashed.... if i was to guesstimate on the hight, i would say that it is about 3 inches tops from the ground..

TheFirstNutZo
12-08-2003, 11:35 AM
don't you grind all over the place, smashing everything under your car? What do you do about your exhaust piping/muffler?

jdmaccordbo!916
12-08-2003, 11:40 AM
its fine.. it is a little flattened, but there are no holes in it yet, so im not complaining.. i guess cause i dont have an aftermarket one on there yet.. but when that happens, then im going to be raising it up... then again if i sell the car it can become somebody elses worrys not mine...

TheFirstNutZo
12-08-2003, 04:27 PM
thats the spirit! :)

jdmaccordbo!916
12-09-2003, 01:31 AM
i got it running all good now.. im thinking through a nice coat of black paint on there though, just to make it lok good before i sell it if i decide to do that...

TheFirstNutZo
12-09-2003, 10:17 AM
why don't you come up an inch or two just to stop grinding all the time?

H22Inside
12-22-2003, 11:35 PM
my buddy has h&r springs on his 93 and i like the way it rides much more than the eighbach sportlines on my ride. if i could go back... thats what id buy.

Hey jaccord96, you say you like your buddy's h&r springs more than your sportlines, but why? Or what about them is it that you like over the eibach springs? I currently have sportline springs on my ride at the moment. Are the h&r springs stiffer or something? The reason I ask is because I want a little bit of a stiffer ride. It handles like a beauty but.......i just want it a tad bit stiffer (my car that is ;) ),