PDA

View Full Version : h22a into 90 accord

smurf2180
05-20-2004, 01:59 AM
I have the h22a in the car got all the wires but the egr wire wont fit of my accord and 3 wires at the top left of the motor dont know what to do with them. and it wont start i think its those wires da. sorry this is my frist honda prog. mostly work with V8s. thanks

Asiandude03
05-20-2004, 07:42 AM
You have to be more detail than what you told me. How am I suppose to know what you are talking about Unless you can take a picture of it or at least explain where the wires are coming from?

H22Inside
05-21-2004, 12:30 AM
I have the h22a in the car got all the wires but the egr wire wont fit of my accord and 3 wires at the top left of the motor dont know what to do with them. and it wont start i think its those wires da. sorry this is my frist honda prog. mostly work with V8s. thanks

You'll need the H22 harness for the EGR connector. The F22 EGR has a male connector while the H22 EGR has a female connector. You have two options:

1. Just use the Accord EGR.
2. Cut the male plug from the H22 harness. Cut the female plug from the F22 harness and wire the wires back up.

As for the three wires you're refering to, i think they might be for the Vtec. Have
you wired that up yet?
If you haven't, those wires might be the vtec solenoid, vtec pressure switch, and knock sensor.

But like asiandude said, we can help you alot more if give a little more detail.
Good luck

smurf2180
05-21-2004, 02:08 PM
thanks for the info on the egr i just use the accord 1 it fit fine. as for those 3 wires i am taking pics of them and will post soon. and by the way will the rest of the wiring harnes work or will i have to change pin hole on any thing. no i dont have the vtec wired. thanks

H22Inside
05-22-2004, 09:34 PM
There will be no exchanging of pins and such. You will however need to extend some wiring for some particular sensors. One such sensor is the oxygen sensor. The prelude has it on the downpipe while the accord has in on the headers.

smurf2180
05-22-2004, 10:20 PM
thanks for the info on the pins kinda had me wored.i will heve to add the vtec wires to the harnes right. i think its the wires in the pic i am going to try to post. i am realy lost when it comes to wiring. puting the motor in was no prob. i did the o2 wires to day thanks allso got a new header trashed the stocker. i did the pic as an attachment hope it work thanks

H22Inside
05-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, what you need to do w/ the wires is run the wires through the firewall and into the cabin. Once you've done that you need to put the wires into the appropriate pin on the H22 ECU.

smurf2180
05-23-2004, 11:18 PM
ok i can run those no prob. but do any of u know what pin hole to put them in? and buy the way the guy who sold me the stuff didnt give me the ecu :mad: so do any of u know where i can get a p13 ecu for the jdm with a 5 spd thanks alot p.s. already checked ebay no luck all of them are for autos trans

H22Inside
05-24-2004, 10:05 PM
I could find out. But it wouldn't do much good since you don't have the ecu. As for getting an ecu.........i don't know of any immediate places.....sorry.

smurf2180
05-25-2004, 10:25 PM
dose any 1 know if a p12 ecu will work with a jdm h22a thats all i can find for sale. is the sensor that is located under the oil filter the knock sensor & my old harnes & motor had a sensor there but it dont mate with the new 1 can i just change that or do i have to run the wire in to the car. o yah i had a guy tell me that even though the vtec wasnt wired that the motor should stell start off the old ecu is he full of it or not. like i said this is my 1st honda. if any 1 has a diagram on what pins go in what holes or where there located so i can have that done by the time i get an ecu i would appreciate thank u all for your time u all have already been very helpful thank u

H22Inside
05-26-2004, 09:39 PM
I'll check on the wiring and the harness, but it's gonna be on Friday. I can't do it tomorrow. About the ECU, I don't know. The guy might be right, i'd imagine it would start. I don't think it would run very good though, there are different parameters from the stock ECU to the Lude.. You will definately have some check engine lights. Keep on looking for that ECU.

smurf2180
05-28-2004, 12:05 AM
all right thanks for checking for me on that harnes i found an ecu going to order it on friday thanks again