PDA

View Full Version : shifting on an auto

spleeper85
04-28-2004, 07:00 AM
Wassupp guys...!! I have been wodering about something for a while and after i found this forum i hope i can finally find and answer to ma question. I have a 93 accord sedan lx auto with gears 1-4 and i was wondering if it is safe for the car to shit with an auto. Like starting at gear one and manuall shifting and if it is which rpms should i shift at or is it ok to red line????? Would be real help full if someone could answer ma question!! thanks guys!!!

spleeper85---->sleeper85 (typo)

93 accord auto lx

aem short intake
dc headers
cat back skunk2 exaust

spleeper85
04-30-2004, 04:08 PM
hey guys been like 2 days and no ones repleyed to my post!! Is it jus that no one know the answer or is this not working?? Well if anyone cna help me it would be really nice cause its been bugging me for a long time. Also if u can see this post someone reply doesnt have to be about the post, can be anything jus so i know that this is working and viewable!

thax guys

sleeper85

Asiandude03
05-01-2004, 12:06 AM
No its not ok to red line your engine. First of all your engine does not have V-tec so there is no reason to red line your engine to keep v-tec on. You should only rev your engine up to its max hp which is at 5,200 rpm. DON'T REV ANY HIGHER ALL IT DOES IS HARM YOUR ENGINE!!! Also I found out it is slower to shift the car yourself starting off from D1 all the way to D4. Just stick the car into D3 to get a fast take off then stick it back into D4 for final drive. You can run third gear "D3" on the auto all the way up to 100 mph then drop it back into D4 to get back your final gear or overdrive. Also shifting your self ruins the tranny.

spleeper85
05-02-2004, 08:37 PM
hey thax for the info man! really apreciate it!! Guess i cant pretend im driving stick anymore =(!!