PDA

View Full Version : Power Stop Brake Roters?

Asiandude03
04-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Has anyone tried using Power Stop Brake Roters on their 4th gen? I heard some bad things about them. I want to buy some cross drilled or sloted brake roters for my car. and Power Stop is not too expensive. But I heard that they crack easier or wear out too fast.

halfros honda
04-20-2004, 07:28 AM
i heard that slotted rotors eat up brake pads quicker but r good if ur racing the cross drilled rotors supposed to cool faster n help the pads last longer, that's why i'm goin with the brembo cross drilled rotors, in the otha post i said they're only $122 (including shipping) for just the front crossdrilled brembo rotors, they are the oem size rotors so there wont b a problem with the caliper or anything like that.

Asiandude03
04-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the help!

halfros honda
04-29-2004, 12:20 PM
i just got my cross drilled brembo rotors installed!!! not only do they look awesome they feel so smooth n soft when stoppin. i dunno how 2 describe it otha than a great experience n definitely worth the $232 for all 4, i recommend the upgrade!

Asiandude03
05-02-2004, 01:28 AM
Do you know any web site that I can get those brembo brake roters?

halfros honda
05-03-2004, 06:59 AM
yeah i got em off ebay the seller is nights auto so do a search for brembo accord then look for the seller nights auto, rotors are the same for the front for accords 90-07 (except wagon n v6 models) but some acuras are listed also b/c the too have the same rotors. front rotors off of nights auto are $97 and $25 for shipping, they also have an 800# that u can call n it's a real # b/c i called they are friendly and were good to deal with. so check em out.

Asiandude03
05-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the help!

halfros honda
05-04-2004, 11:08 AM
no problem, they really stop nicely i can't believe it, well maybe u can get sum extra $$$ from the chick that hit u n have sum extra mod money, good luck

Accordrift
05-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Hey halfros, how the heck did you get those 4 screws to take out the rotor out? omg they are soo tight! the only thing i seem to be doing is stripping them =(

btw do you know how to change the rear brakes from drum to disk? (i have a dx)

halfros honda
05-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey halfros, how the heck did you get those 4 screws to take out the rotor out? omg they are soo tight! the only thing i seem to be doing is stripping them =(

btw do you know how to change the rear brakes from drum to disk? (i have a dx)

i didn't even attempt to do the rotors myself, the front rotors have 2 b machine pressed (i think the brearings are inside) i dunno it's something that's a pain in the ass so i just took it 2 my mechanic. it wasn't worth the hassle, i didn't wanna screw anything up. i saw somewhere on here where there's a post about converting to rear disc breaks, ummm if it's not on 90-93 check 94-97 tech support, it's definitely on here somewhere n it's a pretty recent post. sorry i couldn't link it